Chapter 3: It's called Karma Bitch.

Helloooo! Just been watching Marcus Butler and so felt like I had to open like that :))))

SO here is CHapter 3, hope you enjoyyyy

xxx

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*6 months ago*

"When did Miss say the History essay was due? Because I have a load of studying to do and I'm not sure I will have time to do it."

"It's due thursday. I know how you feel, the assignments are piling up."

It was 1pm, Maddie and Max were eating lunch under the large oak tree at the side of the school, either side of an old picnic bench. Maddie sat, swirling her fork to eat the spaghetti as Max finished his burger.

It had been 6 months since the two first met and they had been inseparable since. Living only 5 minutes away from each other was a plus as they met up everyday in the summer.

"So, what are you wearing for Eleanor's party?" Max asked.

"I'm thinking this simple black dress with lacy sleeves and black heels. But I'm not sure, is it too dull?"

"No, you look good in black." He replied, looking embarrassed. She smiled back at him.

"And you?"

"Probably just some jeans and a cool top, you know. I'm going for the edgy, rebellious look, so I may throw in sun glasses and a leather jacket."

"Sun glasses at night, wow someones trying to be mysterious." She laughed.

"I'm not trying Maddie, I am."

"I remember you wearing an outfit like that to the school dance. That was such a cute look."

"I'm not going for cute, I'm going for badass."

"Sometimes trying to be a Bradford bad boy?" He scowled at her. "Sorry for the one direction reference, I couldn't help it." She put her hands up as if to surrender.

"I'm not trying, I just am."

"Okay, whatever you say pumpkin."

"I'm literally so done with your mocking." He sniggered.

"I'm sorry! I'm sorry!" she ran over to him and hugged him from behind. "You are the badass of the school, seriously Max, every girl swoons for you, you've taken your brother's role and done it better. And it's true, I'm jealous of you style." She laughed.

"If only I was as cool as Marty McFly or Danny Zugo." He stood up next to her, grabbing his things and she put her bag on her shoulder.

"You know, I really think you were meant to be born in the 1970s. They may of appreciated your look better then."

"Yeah maybe, but then I would of never met you." He smiled as he put his arm around her waist and they walked off to fourth period.

As the week drawled on, the excitement for the weekend heightened. Everyone was looking forward to the party of the century.

The last period bell rang on that Friday afternoon and the stampede of teenagers loaded up the buses and left the school gates. The party being on saturday, Eleanor and Maddie had decided to get everything ready for the following night.

* * * * * *

"Are you guys going to help us with all this stuff or are you just going to play on that game all night." Eleanor shouted across the gigantic garden.