Chapter three

***SORRY, BUT THIS CHAPTER ISN'T FULLY COMPLETE!!!***

My body felt like it was on fire still and my mind was the worst. It was like a bomb and any time I had a thought about Lily, it would explode with agony and suffering coming from it. And that’s a real problem because, when I close my eyes to stop the pain, I see is her.

     I remember the day when she was born. Beautiful and small. She was extremely underweight being only 4 pound 3, but she didn’t have any health issues. For some strange reason, when I first saw her...I thought of a lilly-pad. Sure, not everyone sees the beauty in lilly-pads, but when you are a photographer like myself, they look incredible in your eyes. That was how we got her name. We changed pad to May and ta-da...a baby girl that sparkles with beauty in my eyes. 

     Thinking back into the past where she was so tiny but incredibly healthy brought me back to the tears of the present. If only she was that healthy now as well. We would be much better off.

     I returned to my depressing reality and turned my head to the right as I heard people talking amongst themselves. It probably wasn’t right to be listening in, but nothing was right at the moment. 

     “Should we ask her now, or should we leave her for a little while? I mean it’s pretty important.” one of the nurses said to Scott.

     “She needs to know.” he answers back, with a little bit happiness in his voice.

     Slowly, he turned his head towards my room and saw me staring at him and the nurse. All I could see on his face is a small grin that could cheer anyone up...everyone except me though. 

     As he saw me, he started to walk in my direction with the grin practically painted on his face. I wasn’t in the mood to talk, but if it was news about Lily, I needed the conversation desperately. Good or bad, it was important.

     “She’s dead, isn’t she?” I say, beginning to have a feeling that my chest was about to explode with more pain.

     “No, the complete opposite really. She’s awake and asking to see you. We are aware that you can’t go to her because of your injuries...but amazingly she is able to come to you. In a wheelchair of course, but she is determine that she is going to see her mummy.” Scott explained to me with extreme positivity.

     The room was no longer the despair room. That was honestly kicked out the room, trying to find another family to destroy with depression. But not us...not today...not ever...well hopefully. Yes, she is alive and out of her coma, but we still have the rest of our lives to survive. This was only one of the worst things we will probably have to face.

     “Is there any catch or something? You know, like last time. Does she have a certain amount of time to live or anything?” I questioned him, unsure that she is completely healthy and won’t have any other problem that major. Yes, I may be too curious instead of filled with joy, but it’s hard to be exited when something could ruin it in a split second. 

     “This time there are absolutely no catches what so ever. She is alive and awake. Not only that, but she is extremely eager to see you.”