Chapter II » ͏͏ ~Journey Into The Dark~ ͏ «

Chapter II

Journey Into The Dark

A very frustrated, scared and bound-up Blood Elf kept continuously letting out soft noises and muffled shrieks. The clever Alliance members had gagged her with a piece of dirty ragged cloth. A poor Arcana mumbled out profanities which no one could understand except for herself. They were now quite a distance away from the city of the Blood Elves and even if she did manage to escape, she probably wouldn't be able to get back to her city safe.

"Shut up, will you, bloody elf?" The dark haired Night Elf from earlier growled as he kicked his dark metal-plated horse in the sides, making it jerk and causing Arcana to thrash around. She went silent right after that. She grimaced at him and simply turned her head to look at a sight better to see than what was in front of her. 

Her wrists and ankles were painfully tied up with thick ropes and if something happened, she would not be able to grab onto anything to keep from falling off the large horse. She was placed on the backside of the horse, her back pressed onto the back of the tall Night Elf. She squeezed her eyes shut and hoped that someone - anyone - would notice her missing and come to rescue her.

All of a sudden, the horse jerked to a stop. Arcana squealed as she was thrown off the horse and she fell backwards into the grass. Her plain embroided white sundress was stained with dirt and weeds stuck to the soft material. She wiggled in the grass, attempting to get up. Then, she heard heavy footsteps touch the grass, followed by another, and then many.

The Night Elf she had been riding with knelt down on the grass beside her and pulled her up by her upper arm. She winced in pain but did not complain. "Look here, little elf. We'll be camping here for the night because we can't travel in the dark." He said while roughly releasing her from her binds, "So you better behave yourself." 

Before standing up to join his friends putting up the tents, he yanked the cloth away from her mouth and let it drop onto the ground. She took a deep breath through her mouth and heaved a soft sigh of relief. She sat on the grass, not knowing what to do and rubbing her small sore wrists. Before she could be engulfed in her thoughts, someone called for her again.

"Don't just sit there! Come over here and prepare for the night!" She spun around slightly only to see that wretched elf yelling at her. Without any choice, she stood up and walked towards the Night Elves. All of them were giving her angry stares with their scary crimson eyes. She stood as close as possible to the only one there she was familiar with. 

"Stop trying to snuggle up to Ash and come light up a fire." One of the Alliance members shouted. Arcana turned to look at the scary-looking Orc. She gulped and walked towards the pile of firewood that they collected. Everyone watched her closely as she ran a small hand through her light hair that reached the middle of her back.

With a graceful wave of her hand, a small spark igsnited and very soon, the firewood was burning with fierce flames. She turned to look at the Alliance with innocent blue eyes as if to ask them for their opinions. They simply nodded to show approval and went back to their work. 

When the tents were all put up and all preparations were almost done, Arcana dragged her tired little feet to a stack of firewood to add to the fire. She mustered up all the strength she could and wrapped her arms around 5 big blocks of wood. She struggled to make her way towards the fire when she bumped into something - or someone. She looked up to the person's face with much difficulty and sighed when she found who he was.

"You're probably going to drop all these into the fire and put it out," He shook his head, sounding calmer than usual, "Here, let me carry them." She slowly loosened her grip on the wood and let him take them in his arms. She rubbed her small palms together to get rid of excess flakes and looked at him again. She found him to be whoa, shirtly. Ash, she found, was quite the man.

"Done checking out my body?" He half smirked half chuckled. "N-No, why would I want to do such a thing?" She sniffed as she folded her arms across her chest and flipped her hair as she turned her face. Ash chuckled some more. He somehow found it quite, cough, cute. He poked her in the side before walking off towards the tents. 

Arcana felt blood rush to her cheeks. Goddammit, elf, why do you flush so easily? When she turned back around, he had already returned to the camp site. She made her way back as well seeing there was nothing more to be done. 

When she got back, everyone was already getting ready to turn in for the night. "There are just enough tents for each one of us so you'd have to pick someone to bunk in with." Ash told her as he lifted his hand to motion to the tents. The other Alliance members didn't bother about her and just continued fixing up their tents. Arcana gulped. The thought of sleeping with Ash, though she had the urge to, made her face burn even more.

Then, her eyes fell upon a decent-looking human paladin whom was still standing outside his tent. As much as she wanted to go with the Night Elf, she decided to not let him know her sudden obssessions of him. "Him." She dryly said, pointing to the human who was now looking at them with an eyebrow raised. 

She couldn't read the look on Ash's face but it seemed to show disappointment and surprise. "Alright then. Malak, she's bunking in with you tonight!" He shouted at the paladin that was quite a distance away from them. He replied by showing an 'okay' sign with his fingers and then beckoned Arcana to his tent. "G-Goodnight." She quietly told the Night Elf as she walked towards the paladin.

"Goodnight." He nodded in return and went into his own.