Chapter 1

"KATARINA!!" I look at the clock. Ugh. Six o'clock. "Katarina Greene, you are going to be late on your first day of school!!!I bet English-people aren't procrastinators." I unwillingly get out of my comfy new bed. We just moved in yesterday and I haven't unpacked ANYTHING. I walk into the bathroom and rummagearoun d for my toothbrush and grapefruit face wash. By the time I'm out the bathroom it's already six-thirty. Crap. I only have five ten-minutes until it's time to leave for school and I have NO FREAKING IDEA where any of my clothes are.

"MOM! WHERE THE HELL IS MY BOX OF CLOTHES?"

"What did you say?!?! Well, you aren't going to find out with that kind of tone!"

"Okay mom, I'm sorry. But could you please tell me where my clothes are?"

"They're in the living room. Now hurry up and get dressed! You're going to be late on your first day of school."  I run down the stairs to the living room.  I look around and try to find my box of clothes.  That's all I want.  I just want my FREAKING clothes!!!  I finally find the box sitting under a pile of crap...or my brother's clothes.  I carry the box up the stairs and into my room where I dump all the contents of the box onto my bed.  I decide to play it safe and wear my beige romper with a cute black cardigan over with Janet Jackson sleeves.  The romper shows off my long legs without showing too much.  I run into the bathroom and  quickly grab a nearby brush.  Though I'd much rather prefer curly locks, I have boring straight brown hair.  But at this very moment, I'm extremely grateful about how easy it is to comb my hair.  I put on a little lip gloss and I'm out the door.

"Katarina, are you sure you don't want me to drive you?It's a long walk you know. And it's your first day. Are you extremely positive you don't want me to come??"

"Yes, mom. I'll be fine. Promise." I lean over and kiss her on the cheek. "I'll see you later, alright?Tell dad I said bye. Love YOU!!" I say, emphasizing the you.

"Bye sweetie."  I open  the front door closet and grab my purple Jansport.  Now, I'm ready.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

"Alright, Katarina. Promise me you'll be a good student and will not get into any kind of trouble." Mr.  Smith, the principal, says to me as I try to stifle a giggle.  EVERYONE talks with an English accent.  I mean I know  I'm living in England, but I guess I guess I just forgot.

"Okay Mr.Smith, I promise." I reply.  Mr.Smith lets me out of his office and hands me my schedule and locker information.  I walk out of the main office and try to find building A, where the lockers and my first three classes are.  Oh yeah, did I mention it's like HOGWARTS here?? The school is so FREAKIN HUGE!!  Now I'm panicking, I have no idea where anything is.  I'm so lost.  Then I remember that there is a map in my planner.  With some luck I'll be able to find building A.  After having to walk around to the other side of campus, I finally walk up the steps of building A.  But, now I still have to find my locker. Ugh, I'm so going to be late to first period.  I finally find my locker...but when I open it,  there are a whole bunch of life size Barbie doll clothes in it.  This could be a problem.  I look around me to see if this is some kind of prank on the stupid American.  Sure enough, I see a gorgeous blond coming my way.  She has a slim frame with model legs, she flauntingly showed off in the smallest, tightest mini-skirt I have ever seen(which makes her appear taller than me when really we are maybe an inch apart.) ; Taylor Swift hair; and clear blue eyes (which make my mud brown ones stare at my feet.).

"Hi..." I say timidly.

"Hi. Look, this locker was mine and always will be mine.  Got that?" I stare at her in disbelief.  You've got to be kidding me.  This Barbie doll thinks that she could talk to me like that.  I'm just about to put her foot in her mouth when I remember what happened in Ohio.  "Helloo??Did you hear me or do I need to repeat myself?"