Part Seven

Levi's been awake for about an hour now. He can't bring himself to stand up, though.

Eren's legs are intertwined with his, and Eren sits a little lower on the bed, forcing Levi to have to look down to see him. Eren's arms are wrapped firmly around his waist, and his head is pressed to Levi's chest, turned to the side so that he can breathe.

Levi buries his face in Eren's hair, inhaling his scent and feeling his warmth. Eren breathes steadily, obviously still in a deep slumber judging from the light snores escaping his body. They'd stayed up a good portion of the night, so it's no wonder that Eren's still asleep. Levi's never been a particularly heavy sleeper, though, so he's only gotten maybe two or three hours of sleep thus far.

He doesn't care, however. It gives him more time to look at his little freckled angel, snoozing beneath him.

Levi carefully unwraps Eren's arms from around him, and he gently sets Eren aside so that he can see his face. He untangles their legs, and he sits up in the bed, pulling the blankets up so that his waist is still covered. Morning light shines through the windows, perfectly enhancing the glow of Eren's tanned skin and his captivating figure under the covers.

Eren shifts, still sleeping, lying on his back now, arms splayed out beside him and legs taking up a little more room than is necessary. Levi reaches a hand out and grips Eren's jaw, turning it so that Levi can look down at his face. Levi pulls back Eren's hair so that he can see the top of his forehead.

One. Two. Three. The freckles on the very top of his head.

Thirty on his forehead altogether, and that's not counting the ones that are nearly the same color as his skin - there are a few freckles that are so faded that they just barely stand out against Eren's tanned tone.

It's going to Levi a lifetime to count all of the freckles on Eren's body, but he's up for a challenge. He spends most of his time awake, so he might as well put the hours that Eren's asleep to good use. Maybe he'll surprise him one day, maybe he'll hug Eren from behind and tell him what he's been doing the whole time that Eren's been snoozing - counting freckles.

Levi starts on Eren's cheeks, but he loses count several times and has to start over. He nearly tears his hair out in frustration as he loses his place for the fifth time in fifteen minutes, and the only thing stopping him from punching the wall is the fact that his phone vibrates from where he'd put it on his bedside table. He'd taken it out of his pants last night when he'd been kissing Eren.

Levi's only in his underwear right now - he'd scrambled out of his pants last night when Eren suggested that they move things along a little faster. Levi had thought that maybe they'd take things a little slower, but hey, if Eren's ready, Levi's ready. Beyond ready.

And, yes, Eren does have freckles on his lower back. Beautiful freckles. Light freckles.

Eren wears even less clothing than Levi does - all he's wearing is his t-shirt from yesterday. Levi had been kind enough to fold their other clothing up and set it on the bedside table right next to his phone, though Eren had complained that folding their clothing was tedious. Levi replied with a snide remark about the whole thing being tedious, which shut Eren up. For about five minutes, at least.

Levi picks up his phone, and he hesitates before clicking the button to answer the call. He knows that, if he accepts, it'll only be a matter of seconds before Eren's awake and wondering who the hell is yelling so early in the morning, but Levi's blown Hanji off for long enough. It's about time he finally gives in to her incessant callings.