Alexa

The sun is amazingly hot, but it doesn't bother me anymore. Nothing bothers me , I just want to eat that's all. 

I hear screams everywhere. I get close to them, they start shooting at me , but I never die. This is the first time I wish death to my self. Can you believe that? Well, you will be thinking the same thing if you were a zombie. Well that's if you do think when you're a zombie.

Before all this had started I was a normal highschool girl, just like you. I wasn't that tall or that short. I was brunette, color eyes , green. I was normal. Sometimes I just wish my life back, but then I realize I can go back or start over again when I'm this , a "Zombie". But then again being a zombie doesn't hurt physically or mentally. People shoot at me, hit me, still does not hurt at all. My feeling don't get hurt either. All I think about all day, every day is eat flesh, human flesh. Yet to think I want my life back. My life wasn't that bad. I had my ups and downs, I got grounded many times , family problems , yet that family brought me happiness.

Though I wasn't the first one to "turn". I first saw my mom eat my brother. I was scared, I didn't know what was going on. I cried, but I had to do something about it. I knew at that same moment that my mom, wasn't my mom. I grabbed a knives and shoved it into her head. It was painful to kill your own mom and to see her that she is not her self anymore. At that moment my mom fell to the floor. I didn't knew what was going on, I cried my eyes out. Then I saw my brother, he was dead. I thought if I stick him in the head now probably, he won't "turn" into that. I was right, he didn't. I could hear screams outside, gun shots, bombs, I could also hear those "monsters" eat. I could hear them. That time i realized the whole world went to hell.

Night came , those "monsters" where still out there. I cried my self to sleep. The next morning, something woke me up. I slightly opened my eyes. I hear banging on the doors and windows. I stood up from my bed, looked at the window and I saw people banging it. I opened the window, they were no people they were those "monsters". I panicked, I ran, they were trying to eat me. I grabbed a knife and shoved it into one of those "monsters" face. He felled down with the knives into his face. There were two of those left, luckily, there was a bat next to me. I grabbed it at started hitting them right in the skull. Both of them were dead.  

I ran outside knowing that my house wasn't safe anymore. I had to find protection, I can't depend on my family anymore, since they are not here anymore. I ran far away. People from the military came and shot everyone, even those who haven't "turned" yet. I was super scared, so I hid from them. I went under a bridge, hid there for few hours. I hear steps, coming towards where I was. I turned and hit something. It was just a normal guy, I hit him really hard in the head that he fainted. While he was on the ground I checked for bites. He had nothing. He woke up, and told me what was going on. I replied to him saying that I thought he was one of those, and hit him. 

"You mean a Zombie?" he had told me

"Yes, whatever you call them" I replied.

"My name is Alexa, nice to meet you." I introduces my self.

"Steven. So, what the hell is going on?!" he questioned.

" I don't know either." I said.

Few days passed, me and Steven stayed together. I was surprised we didn't got eaten. Both of us tried to make a run for guns, so we headed to the police station. We had to be very careful. We hid at the back of every car we were close to, not make a lot of noise. Finally we arrived to the police station. Steven opened the door and told me to get in. We headed to the basement. It wasn't that easy. Five zombies were standing right in the basement's door. Steven and I started to hit them right in the head. Two down, three to go. I hit a zombie in the leg and filled. Before it stood up, I smashed its head. Steven did the same thing too. Finally we finished with all five zombies. Steven opened the basement's door. Wow! There were a lots of weapons. We grabbed everything we could in our hand and on a police bag. When we were about to leave, we hear voice and footsteps. We froze. I pointed the gun at the opened door. Suddenly, I just see a man with his wife and other people.

"Wait, don't shoot!" he screamed

I hold my fire. I put my gun down.

"Have you and your group been bitten or scratched" I asked.

"No, none of us." He answered.  

" Why are y'all here?" I questioned them.

" Me and our group saw you two coming in here, to the police station. We thought maybe you and him might want to join us. And we also came for guns and ammo." He said.

" Really? We can?" I asked.

"Yes, you two can." he replied

We didn't knew the but, it was more safe to be with them than with those zombies. They also didn't seem to be bad person. They took us to the place they were staying. That place seemed safe. More safe than out there. In there there were children, pregnant women, old people. Any kind you can find. Steven and I were really thankful to them, for taking us in. The Guy that took us in, his name was Kevin. He offered us food. We haven't eaten for days. He gave us some food and water, also a place to sleep and some blankets. The first time in a long time I felt like home.

Surprisingly, months passed and we where still alive. The group was running out of ammo, guns, and food too. Steven, Kevin, and Gloria, Kevin's wife and I made for a run. Kevin took a car with his wife, Steven and I took a car too. Kevin and his wife went for food, Steven and I went for guns and ammo. We said we will meet each other back at the place we stay. We arrive at a school. A S.W.A.T. car was full of weapons. Beside the S.W.A.T car there were a lot of zombies around it. Me and Steven started to shoot at their heads, every single one of them.  

Then we started attacking with knives. We didn't had much time so, hurried to the car of weapons. we closed the back door, so no zombie could bite us while grabbing ammo and guns. I shoved evey single gun and ammo that could fit in that bag. I looked through the window of the back door, but there were too many zombies to pass through. Steven got an idea. he sad probably there would not be much zombies up front. So, I headed to the front of the car and got out, Steven did too.

We ran as fast as we could. Me and Steven were running out of bullets but, there was no time for us to get ammo. There were too many of them it was impossible for us to make it alive. So, I decided to give my life for other people. I stopped running. Steven looked back and yelled.

"Come on, run!"

I threw the bag closer to him.

"I can't! Grab the bag and run. Run as fast as you can!" I yelled.

"NO!" He yelled back.

"There's not much time hurry grab the bag!" I yelled.

He had no choice but to do what I said. Steven grabbed the bag an ran. I walked back to were the zombies that were following us. I stabbed them on the head, I killed few but there were too many, too many for me to take down. It hurt. It really hurt when they were eating me. Though I did what I had to do to save others.

I was dead, all I saw was black. Then light came into my eyes. I saw the world again. Though I was not a normal zombie. I knew because I had my consciousness intact. Thought when it came to hunger, I could stop my self but to attack people and eat them. I lived like this for awhile. I just didn't wanted to keep going like this. But there was nothing I could do. All I could do was just wait for someone to shoot at me at my head. It took awhile. I heard this voice, saying for everyone to get in a truck. Then I turn were that voice came from. I saw him. I saw Steven. I had a crush on him while we were together when this apocalypse appeared. He took care of me. When i saw him I wanted to cry really bad but I couldn't it was impossible. I just wanted to eat i couldn't stop myself. He was about to shoot me, but he suddenly stopped aiming. I just saw him staring at me. I then saw a tear fall down in his right cheek. Suddenly, I see nothing anymore. I just saw black. Finally, Finally my life is over. This is all I wanted. I couldn't live an other day being a zombie. Finally my life is over.

-THE END-