Chapter Nine ✓

Chapter Nine:

Arran's POV:

I never expected her to look so... different. If I say I wasn't turned on I would be lying. This Emberly was completely different than the one working in the office. She completely stunned me.

The dress she was wearing wasn't the most extraordinary dress I've ever seen but it suited her perfectly, showing right amount of curves, especially her long leg. I wonder how would her legs feel wrapped around my waist. My thoughts made me feel uncomfortable and I took a generous amount of champagne.

She just made this night a whole lot worse than I actually planned to. What surprised me that even with her bold appearance, she was colouring deep root red with everyone's eyes on her. My guess is that no idiot ever told her how beautiful she actually is.

She was still standing uncomfortably as we all took in her appearance. Luke passed me a look, which clearly said dude what the hell? I don't blame him at all.

"Sorry but I am going to call dibs on her. I don't care who she is but I am." Luke raised his hands in defensive mode.

We all chuckled whereas she gave me a confusing look soon after she widened her eyes understanding what he actually meant. She bit her lower lip and titled her head down and with great effort I stopped a groan.

"Sorry man she is off limits. Emberly ignore Luke meet Stacy, Julienne, Kim, Bethany and Emma and guys meet my new assistant Emberly Rae." I quickly introduced her to others.

She smiled politely at everyone before sitting down next to Stacy.

"For an assistant she surely knows how to make an entrance." Emma muttered loud enough for everyone to hear it.

Emberly flushed even more. Anyone could let she is not used to this kind of gathering. I was having a hard time keeping my eyes off her even with the sexiest girl sitting next to me. She was now talking with Stacy and smiling softly at her, clearly uncomfortable. Anyone who meets Stacy for the first time usually gets confused by her dry sense of humour. Luke passed me a knowing look and I just shrugged my shoulders. I had no idea myself. The Emberly I knew would trip standing still and she is clumsy as hell. Stacy turned around and frowned at us. She was sitting across the round table. Next to me was Julienne whose hand was caressing my thigh under the table and I had an urge to remove her hand off my thigh.

The waiters came and handed us menu cards. My gaze was still glued to her face. I don't know why I was going crazy but I couldn't remove my stance over her face, which had soft smile on every time Stacy would crack a 'joke'. Note the sarcasm please.

"So what's your name?" Julienne asked, noticing my eyes on her.

Didn't I just introduce her to everyone a minute ago?

"It's Emberly." She muttered quietly.

I've noticed one this trait of hers. She gets nervous very easily.