Just Like Old Times

Tom and Lizzie came in as if on cue, they could at least pretend they weren't listening. It was mostly small talk, the usual, "It's been so long." "What are you working on?" "What else have you been up to?"

"Remember when you took me to play paintball with you guys?" Lizzie said happily.

"You played paint ball?" Tom raised an eyebrow at her.

"Yeah she came with us once." Aaron laughed.

"And we won." I bragged.

"It was me Evans and Sebastian against Y/n, Lizzie, and Anthony." Aaron smiled.

"So I'm guessing it was you, Sebastian, and Evans against Y/n and Anthony?" Tom laughed.

"No, no, I was a valuable member of the team." Lizzie said.

"Yeah, she refused to move from her safe spot." Aaron laughed.

"And we still won." I continued to brag.
Suddenly, it felt just like old times.

"Now what would happen if you replaced Lizzie from your team?" Tom asked, Lizzie threw him a look.

"I can't do that. She's my good luck charm." I smiled.

"When's the last time you played?" Aaron asked me.

"No, that was it." I shook my head, "Before you know it, we'll be too old for that shit." I chuckled.

"Let's go again." Lizzie said.

I raised an eyebrow Aaron and he smiled at me, "We should."

The rest of the night was small talk, teasing and laughs.
Just like old times, I swear Lizzie is an evil mastermind.

"It's actually getting late," I said pulling out my phone, "Woah, really late. I have to be up at four. Ugh."

"Yeah I have to get going too." Aaron added. I called Bo to follow us as Tom and Lizzie walked us to the door,

"Wow you still drive that monster?" He laughed as Lizzie closed the door and we headed to our cars.

"Duh, it's my baby." I said.

"Well it certainly stands out." He added.

"I went a little  overboard with the customizing." I said proudly, looking at my giant, lifted, matte black Jeep.

"Still adventuring?" He asked as I opened the back door and got Bo in the car.

"You know it." I smiled as I closed the door.

"That's cool." He crossed his arms and studied the floor.

"I actually should get going." I jerked my thumb in my car's direction behind me.

"We'll keep in touch?" He said meeting my eyes.

"Yeah." I smiled.

"I'll hold you to that." He smirked holding out his hands for a hug, it made me smile like a kid and accept his hug.
'I hate Lizzie" I thought as I burried mmy face in his chest.
'Is this hug too long?' I thought afyer several seconds, 'maybe it's weird now' I pulled away.

"Well goodnight." He smiled.

"See ya later, Kick Ass." I smirked as I opened my car door, I heard him chuckling as he walked to his silver car parked in front of mine. I closed the door and started the engine, I glanced at the house and saw the curtain quickly closing. I rolled my eyes and sent a quick text  to her,
"I know what you did." And tossd my phone in the cup holder And saw the silver car still in font of me, I drummed my fingers on the steering wheel and was startled by Bo suddenly licked the side of my face, "Woah, no, no, no, sit back." I said, pushing her chest back. He was still not moving, I don't have time for this. I put my car in reverse, backed up, drive, and drove past his car, pressing the accelerator a bit too much.