Chapter IV

Summary: Dan works at a small office doing coffee runs. His boss, Mr. Lester, needs Dan to do him a favor while his parents are in town for the next couple of weeks.

Genre/Tags: Fake relationship, getting together, alternate universe

Words: 1,929

A/N: Heya! So I think I finally figured out how often I'm going to update this fic. I'm thinking maybe every 2-3 weeks? I know that sounds really long but I'm sorry. There's not really much I can do lol plus I'm a slow writer?? Okay well here's chapter four. And also, major thanks to cynx-17-kh​ and dansduvet​ on tumblr for helping me edit this chapter!! So give your love to them. They're awesome people <3

Later that day after having his conversation with PJ, Dan told himself that he would call Louise and tell her his final decision. It was pretty late in the evening, and Dan figured Louise was getting ready for bed around this time. He thought it would be okay to have a quick conversation and decided to just ring her up.

"Hello?" The woman said from the other side of the line as she picked up.

"Hey, Louise!" Dan said in a fake excited voice.

"Oh, hello Dan!" Louise said back, imitating his tone. "What a lovely surprise! Why are you calling me this late?"

"Well. I have some news. So, guess what?" He asked while continuing with the same voice.

"Alright, cut to the chase, kid. I don't have time for this," Louise said through the phone.

"Rude," he muttered softly.

"Heard that."

"Okay, so..." Dan took a shaky breath. "Looks like I'm going to pretend to be someone's gay lover for a while."

Louise giggled. "I already knew you were going to take up on the offer anyway."

"Whatever. So this is for real now. I need to say goodbye to my life for a few weeks. Isn't that being married is all about?" Dan laughed nervously.

"Shut up, don't be such a bum about it. Maybe it'll be fun. Who knows? Maybe you'll finally find true love along the way!"

"Now how will that even happen?" Dan asked.

"You'll never know what'll happen between you two," the woman said suggestively.

"You need to stop reading fanfictions on the internet, Louise."

"Never! So when will you tell our dearest boss, Philip?"

"Oh yeah. Good point. Maybe tomorrow when I go into work," Dan said. "Oh god... I don't think I'm prepared for that."

"What do you mean?" Louise asked.

"What the hell am I supposed to say to him?" Dan paused. "'Hi, you know that thing you asked me to do? Yeah, well I guess I can be your husband for a few weeks.'"

Louise laughed.

"That'd be so awkward!" Dan exclaimed, taking her laughter as a sign of affirmation.

"I'm sure you'll be fine! Just go knock on his door and tell him that you'll do it. That's it. Just that. It'll be that easy, come on Dan," Louise said encouragingly.

"Easier said than done, Louise. Not everyone is outgoing like you, remember?"

"You don't need to be outgoing to tell your boss that you're agreeing to help him out by being his lover for a while."