[Twenty-Three]

"F-felicity. Stop fussing." She growled, swatting her sister.

Felicity had been fawning over her twin sister since she had come home from hospital, which had been a week ago. Tonight was her first social outing since the accident, and Felicity didn't want her to go. She had explained to Amelia that she knew all about Oliver being the arrow, and even about her being the shadow.

She had taken it all dangerously well. Apparently she had suspicions of Amelia being the shadow, but had never voiced them in fear of being wrong.

'Don't you think I'm a monster?' Was Amelia's first question, although it consisted of a lot of stuttering and pausing.

To which Felicity responded, 'anyone who would risk their life to save another's like you did, is anything but a monster.'

"I'm just not sure if you're ready Mia." Felicity whined.

"Lic, I'm g-going on a date with Oliver." Her tone announced that it was not up for debate.

In all honesty, Amelia just wanted to get back to normal. She wanted to just go back to how it was before, she was in a good place then, well the best that she had been in years.

She knew herself that it would be best if they all just moved on from what had happened, if they got back into a regular routine.

For once, she just wanted to live.

--

"Ollie, where are w-we?" Amelia laughed, Oliver hands blocking her vision.

Oliver hushed her, as he continued to guide her. "We're almost there." He whispered.

Moments later he dropped his hands from Amelia's face, taking her hand in his own. She gasped at the scene that lay before her. The club had been decorated and it was absolutely beautiful.

"It's ... beautiful." She gasped in awe, her words less stuttered.

Oliver grinned at the twinkle in her eye, he had wanted to make her happy, wanted to see her happy. And finally, she was.

"You really like it?" He asked.

"I l-love it." She beamed kissing him lightly.

Oliver wrapped his arms around her waist and rested his chin on her head. "So will you be my plus one for the opening tonight?"

That was yet another thing that Amelia loved about Oliver. Yes, he fussed over her, sometimes a little too much. But he knew what she was capable of and what she was comfortable with. Over the past few days, Amelia had also been thinking about other things.

"Definitely."

They sat on the ground, where Oliver had set out a romantic meal. All her favourite meals were set out, ranging from lasagne to peanut-butter and jelly sandwiches. A laugh escaped Amelia's lips as she watched Oliver grin childishly.

"Mia, I - I.." He trailed off.

"Oliver, I'm t-the one who stutters, r-remember?" She laughed.

Oliver grimaced slightly, but continued. "Are you okay? I mean honestly. I know you tell  everyone you're fine, but I can still see it. When you think nobody's looking, you look lost and a frown is etched on your face. I worry about you. And I know that you'll tell me not to, but I still do. Mia, I love you. I've loved you for years, I was just too dumb to realise it. And the thought of losing you, the thought of you losing yourself, that scares me more than anything."