chapter 1 - you understand me like no one does

Caras POV... -- 1 month later 

beep beep beep .... goes my alarm clock 

Ugh it's too early, I wave my arm back and forth and end up knocking the alarm clock to the floor but the alarm immediatley stops. Thank god i thought as i snugle back into my duvet, i was nearly asleep when my head started to vibrate. 

 What the... i look under my pillow and start laughing at myself i was only getting a message. I look at my phone to see i have a message from Alex, we have been talking now for over a month, yeah i never thought we would be this close and after how i was telling myself not to talk to him.

He knows everything about me now.. well almost everything but that's my deepest darkest secret that i never think about because if i think about it then i can't help but  cry and most probably will turn back into my depressed state. 

Anyway i unlocked my phone, to read my text. 

Alex - Good morning beautiful :)

Me - no it's not >:(

Alex - and why not cupcake :/

Me - i got woken up it's too early :(

I always whine to alex, he's used to it by now and knows i'm no morning person 

Alex - aww cheer up buttercup, it's a new day :) 

Me - Alex what's with all these different names today hmm?

Alex - well i'm bored so i wanted to be creative 

What kind of reply is that, i sigh thinking to myself. and only reply back with a 'mmhhmm' , 

"Cara!!" my dad yells up the stairs, "shit" i curse outloud. That's one of my secrets that i haven't told Alex about yet. damn it all to hell!! i shout in my head. "Cara!! this is the last time i'm going to shout you, now!get your fat ass down here right now and make me breakfast i'm hungry!!" he yells up the stairs i'm surprised the rest of Europe didn't hear him yell. 

I hear my phone vibrate but don't have time to answer it because my dad is very scary when he's mad. I dash downstairs and begin to make breakfast, which consists of; eggs,bacon,hashbrowns,toast,dried tomatoes and mushrooms, after about 15 minutes my dad and twin brother come down. my dad is a scrufy guy, he never shaves so he has a lot of stubble and his hair is up to his shoulders and is still growing he's a guy who never exercises and drinks alohol a lot so he has a big beer belly. I scrunch my nose up at this thought eww my dads disgusting. My brother on the otherhand is well kept ha has brown hair with brown eyes and has a lot of muscles, for my twin he looks nothing like me. i have shiny black hair to the bottom of my back and bright blue eyes, well they were bright untill my life was turned upside down, anyway, i'm really skinny because i hardly eat anything, i'm so skinny my skin is starting to sink into my cheeks and my skin is turning an ash colour not the usual pale healthy skin.

My dad, wow where do i even start i hate my dad with a capital 'H' for hate. he hates me to so i guess the feelings mutual. he only keeps me around so i can clean cook and do the laundry, he has no other need for me. he used to love until mum passed away. i cna feel the tears begin to well up so i stare at my brother and he looks up realises what i'm about to do trys to get up to come with me to my room but dad stops him before he has the chance murmering things to caleb(my twin) like; she's not worth it or telling me i'm ugly which just makes it wose. 

I  run up to my room before my dad says anything and i just cry and cry and cry.  i hear my phone start to ring so, i pick it up withought looking at the caller ID.

(the phone call) 

me answering tiredly and still sniffing - hello 

unknown, an eerily chirpy voice answers - hii, Cara is that you ?me - um yes who is this ?

unknown - it's Alex, you know the guy you've been talking to for over a month now

omg i think to myself i'm actually speaking to alex like in real life, i instantly smile for the first time in a while.before realising i haven't replied to him. 

me - omg Alex am i actually talking to you for the forst time?

alex (chuckling to himself) - yes Cara you really are, wait a minute are you crying?

i try to stop my voice from cracking but i'm not successfull as it still cracks and a few tears slide down my face. 

me - no alex i'm not crying                 i say softly to him so he doesn't hear the tears in my voice 

alex - yes yes you are, now tell me what's wrong

i take a deep breath immediatley thinking about how to tell him, when i'm calm and have stopped crying, i finally have the guts to tell him 

me - okay Alex i'm going to tell you everything i suppose i can't keep hiding it from you forever, and i need to talk to someone

there's a silence for a minute and i can still here his breathing on the other end of the phone. 

me - my life isn't perfect, not even close, my dad, if you want to call him that, he h-he treats me like a slave, he expects me to cook clean and do the laundry even though i go to college and have tons of revision and homework to do, he still expects me to do it all and if i don't then he will slap me or hit me. my mum died three years ago, she died from breast cancer and ever since my dad seems to blame me for everything. my twin brother caleb is the perfect one, but i still love caleb, he trys to protect me but can never get anywhere near me to begin to comfort me or anything. i only have you as a friend and as weird as it is i feel i can only talk to you about it anyway. 

i finish this in like 1 minute and i'm out of breath now, i wait in silence for a few seconds, i can still hear his breathingexcept he isn't saying anything. 

me - Alex          -- i whisper getting his attention -- 

alex - i'm still here i'm just in shock, i have an idea, do you have skype and i webcam?

me - yeah i do why ?

alex - well i want to go on webcam with you, to see your beautiful face for the first time

me - but i look at mess, i've beemn crying for the past hour 

alex - i really don't care, but i want to see you

me - okay well i'll hang up now but my username is - Cara_brook - 

i hung up and logged onto skype, i grabbed my webcam and set it up, i now have a friend request from - alex_chesterfield - i accept and click video chat, here goes i thought when his image popped onto my screen ... 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------cliffhanger ooo ... anyway i hoped you liked it :)

comment .....

vote ....