Chapter 4

Luke felt like shit all afternoon.

It started when he was sitting in science, trying to fill in a worksheet about photosynthesis and a piece of folded up paper was dropped onto his open textbook as one of Michael's friends barged past, deliberately knocking the table so that he smudged his work.

Hissing with frustration, Luke slammed his biro down hard on the desk and snatched the piece of paper up, his chest tightening painfully when he saw the 'Lukey' written in Michael's tiny, scrawled writing.

Luke glanced up at him and saw Michael and his friends watching him with poorly hidden smirks. Michael's stretched across his whole face and, when he noticed Luke looking at him, his eyes gleamed.

Luke swallowed uncomfortably and pulled the paper off the desk, opening it in his lap instead.

Scribbled messily on the piece of paper was a crudely drawn dick and what Luke could only assume was supposed to be himself touching it. Michael had hastily written: 'For you, Lukey. I know you love them.' and it was a shit drawing and it didn't mean anything but that didn't stop Luke's eyes from filling with angry tears.

He looked up sharply then, his watery eyes locked on Michael, and Michael's hair was purple but all Luke could see was red.