Book Playlist

WARNING: DON'T READ UNLESS YOU'RE ALL THE WAY CAUGHT UP. THIS CHAPTER IS DARK AND FULL OF SPOILERS

So, this is what I've started to do with my fantasy books, so I've decided to do it on this book, too

So, this is what I've started to do with my fantasy books, so I've decided to do it on this book, too. This list is just kind of a fun thing where I pick songs that represent things from my book. Songs will be added as I figure out more songs for this and as things happen in the book, hence the spoiler alert above.

1. Book Theme: Arise, by Flyleaf: So, I chose this song as the book's theme for a few reasons. It's about fighting for a world that may seem broken even though you don't think you have the strength to do it, but still has some hope in it. I can also see things from the book from pretty much every lyric; somehow, it works in my mind.

2. Evelyn's Theme, part one: Nothing to Remember, by Neko Case: So, I picked this song for Evelyn mostly for the lyrics in the first verse, as the bridge. It also just kind of feels like Evelyn to me. It's just kind of a nice song, really.

3. Evelyn's Theme, part 2: Misguided Ghosts, by Paramore: So, while Evelyn's theme just kind of sounds like Evelyn, I feel like this song kind of describes one of her motives: she's been stuck in her parents' shadows her whole life, and kind of wants to find out who she is, and how she's trying to do that through getting out of her comfort zone and stuff. At least, that's what the first lyrics feel like to me.

4. Gene's Theme: Iris, by The Goo Goo Dolls: So, this was originally supposed to be the love theme for the book, until I heard the current love theme and realized just how perfectly it fit. I switched this to be Gene's theme not necessarily because of the lyrics, but mostly just because it feels like Gene to me. That being said, the lyrics to the first verse are kind of what I imagine Gene to be thinking during the dancing scene.

5. Francis' Theme: One Engine, by The Decemberists: So, I chose this for Francis' theme, mostly because it just kind of sounds like him. Idk; there really isn't a very deep meaning behind this one; I just kind of like the song...