The Revelation of Othniel

Long ago in ancient times; there were dragons that took over the Grand City Nuriel of Othniel. The Dragons came; stealing lives and erupting chaos. Over time the Dragons kept the homes of man as their own and ate whatever livestock they had or horded whatever treasures they possessed.

During the Dark ages; man became oppressed. They were enslaved to the will of demons and the Dragons. God in heaven saw the enslavement. Angered by the chaotic realm; God decided he would send them salvation. He sent two angels down to the darkened world.

The two angels were one man and one woman. Elazar was the man; he was a powerful Warrior of God and feared among Satan's demons.

He landed powerfully on the earthen floor; his chain mail boots rattling from the impact. His black wings opened wide; casting a dark shadow across the ground before him; then like they fell into shadows; his majestic wings vanished. He had become man; a mortal.  He straightened his shoulders; his hood shadowed his handsome features as he observed his surroundings with crystal blue eyes. 

He saw no more than a few yards away; another angel plummet to the earth. Embers from the remaining ashes of deceased trees clouded her from view. The smoke soon withered away revealing an armored female. Her white pure wings beat powerfully before they too vanished like white smoke. Elazar knew what had happened; she had become a woman. 

He approached her as she dusted off her armored arms. She bore the sign of a Healer on her bare shoulder. She looked up; her eyes as blue as the ocean in mid-day. Giving a small smile she whispered. ''Hello Brother.'' He was not her real brother; they greeted each other in this way. She bowed her head slightly in a kind gesture.

Elazar nodded back; his face stern as he gazed past her. ''What is your name; Sister?''

She looked back at him and answered with a voice that was like smooth silk. ''Avaline.''

''Elazar.'' He replied back; answering her question before she was able to ask. His gift was farsight; but he was not able to see far into the future as a man.

They had arrived in the mortal war with only a few weapons and the clothing they wore. Elazar unsheathed his blade; ancient runes of God's sacred words were etched down the blade.

''We should seek shelter for the night; tomorrow will be...difficult.'' Elazar sheathed his blade and strode down the hill. Avaline followed closely; her stride powerful; yet feminine.

Elazar hacked dead branches from his path. He was not used to the sights of the mortal world. In God's realm; everything was lively; colorful at peace; here; there was a tension; an uneasiness in the air. Avaline coughed behind him as ash blew into the air.

The pale moon hung above them; it silvery light was eerie as shadows stretched over the ruined landscape. The cool wind was not comforting; it made them more alert. Elazar glanced around; uncertain whether something might attack.

God had told him before he arrived here; that he would be put through tests of strength and wit. These tests would help him and Avaline defeat the arch demon Vetis. 

Gazing up at the dark sky; he realized not a single star twinkled; it was sad.

Avaline grabbed his shoulder and whispered. ''I see a town up ahead...do you think we should enter it's territory?''

''Not tonight...I suggest we sleep here for now.''

The town ahead will have to wait till morning; seating himself against the burnt tree he watched as Avaline sat across from him.

''How were you chosen to come?'' Avaline whispered.

Elazar raised his right hand; the mark of the holy trinity was there. ''I was destined.''

Avaline stared wide-eyed at the symbol then raised her own left hand. ''As am I.''

She brought her knees to her chest and said. ''This world is so cold; lonely; and forgotten to man. It is a sorrowful land.''

Elazar nodded and closed his eyes; for the first time in his existence; he felt sleep taking over him. Avaline yawned; trying to stay awake; but could not. They drifted into silence for the night; for the journey ahead was far more dangerous than they had planned.

They woke up in the night hearing a sound Elazar got up he got his sword.  As the beast walked out of the trees his skin was pealing off, it came running at him, so he grabbed his sword tightly. The foul beast jumped at him, he sliced it's stomach open, as it started to laugh at him saying your not worthy for this as it took it's last breath.

We're not ready for this, are we lord, please tell me, Elazar thought, as he stared at the corpse of the beast, blood running into the soil.