Madness and Bow Ties (Doctor Who Fan-Fiction)

I didn't really know the Doctor for long. I don't really think I knew him at all. To me, he was just a mad man with a big chin and a blue box. Oh that blue box. It was so...blue and...well, it was really blue. I never saw what was inside it. I didn't really want to. By the way, if you hear a strange engine sound and see a blue box with a mad man inside it, you better be ready to run for your life. I sure as hell wasn't.

It was a Tuesday. The most exciting, disastrous and insane days of my life. For the Doctor, it was Tuesday. Or Wednesday. I don't really know how these things worked with time travellers. Anyway, it was a Tuesday. I was in town, on my way to the haberdashery (good word). On my walk I passed a Waterstones where a peculiar man stood in the doorway. He didn't go in, he just reached in, picked up a copy of Fifty Shades of Gray and stood looking at it. He sniffed a page, then flicked through. His eyes widened as he slammed the book down and walked far away from the shop, rubbing his eyes.

I had been staring and bumped into someone.

"I'm so sorry" I said as I clambered to help the woman up. I was instantly stunned by how beautiful she was.

"It's fine. By the way have you seen a man with a big chin?" Her face showed curiosity and a slight hint of confusion.

"Cool bow tie, grandad suit and looking at erotic novels?" I answered quickly

"That's the one!" She then ran in the direction in which I pointed. I was puzzled all the way to the haberdashery (sorry, just wanted to use that word again). I walked in and instantly spotted the bow ties. Beautiful things bow ties. they had fluorescent bow ties, black bow ties, purple bow ties and one that caught my eye the most. It was so very, very blue. I instantly walked towards it. All of a sudden the man from the book shop stood before me, about 5 inches from my face and about 3 inches taller than me.

"Look, I really like this bow tie and your body language shows that you are also interested but I must say, if you take this bow tie, the planet will implode and the Medusa Cascade will rupture and burn all of time and space leaving nothing but burnt carcusses...ok that was a lie, but it's really nice and it matches my ship. Ship ship, not boat ship." I had never heard anyone talk so fast in my life. I just stood there stunned. I could just about form words.

"Erm...hi" My words came out at half speed, probably to make up for the 120 miles per hours speed of the bow tie man's jaw.

"Hello, don't worry the bow tie is in good hands. I'm a Doctor. Not a doctor doctor, THE Doctor. I do have degrees, they're just in label making, assembling IKEA furniture and the clarinet." At this point I had absolutely no idea what he was talking about.

"So...you are a Doctor?" I really didn't know what to say.

"NO! You don't listen do you? By the way do you like running?" His expression changed to a slightly nervous one.

"It's alright, why?" I kind of thought he might be a junky. A very well dressed junky.

"I was just being polite. By that I mean, RUN FOR YOUR LIFE!" He grabbed my arm and started running. I chose to join him. It was the best choice I have ever made.