Chapter Nine Part 10

"Georgia?" Paige called peering into the lounge. Georgia was asleep on the sofa with the television remote in her hand. Paige gently woke her up. "Georgia." Georgia stirred.

"Paige?" She said blinking and giving a great big yawn. "You back already? What time is it?"

"Nearly past midnight. Why's the front door open, I nearly passed out thinking someone had broken in." She paused as cold fear washed over her. "Where's Jessie?" She asked slowly.

"Jessie? She's..." They both glanced around the room, Jessie was nowhere to be seen. "She was here."

"I'll check the kitchen you take the bedrooms." Instructed, Blake. Paige didn't need to be asked twice.

"She's not in the house." Paige said in a frightened whimper when she met up with Georgia and Blake in the hall. "Jessie must have let herself out." Paige said running out onto the street. "I was afraid of this happening! Georgia you stay here in case she returns!"

Blake helped her search up and down the street but Jessie was nowhere to be seen. "I can't find her anywhere!" Paige cried in anguish as she met up with Blake again.

"Is there any place where she might go to?" He asked, his eyes scanning the street. "What about the park? Do you think she might have gone there?" He suggested.

"It's only a couple of minutes walk from here but I can't see her going there..."

"Get in the car." He ordered, already striding towards it.

It was a long shot, but worth a try. The moment they reached the park, she unsnapped her seat belt and ran out. Paige bit onto her bottom lip as she looked around her wildly but there was no-one to be seen. "Jessie!" she called, her voice cracking.

"She's over there, sat near the lake." In a few long strides Blake reached Jessie and placed an arm around her shoulders. All she had on was her nightdress, dressing gown and slippers.

Paige ran to Jessie and hugged her tightly. Paige was visibly shaking out of fear and relief. She thought she was never going to see her again. Anything could have happened to her. She had no Idea how Jessie had managed to get to the park and the lake... Paige shut her eyes to block out the image of what could have taken place.

Blake helped Jessie towards the car. "Let's get her home, it's freezing out here."

Once they entered the house Georgia ran out into the hall to meet them. "Jessie!" Georgia cried with relief. "You found her!" She said to Paige as they went into the lounge where it was warm.

"Blake did, if he hadn't suggested the park she would probably still be there." Paige said as she sat Jessie down on the sofa and rubbed the aged hands to get them to warmed up.

"Thanks Blake!" Georgia said, then looked at Paige. "I'm so sorry Paige, I didn't know how I fell asleep..."

Paige looked up at her little sister. "Don't be silly it's not your fault Georgia. The only person who's to blame is me." She said. "Go on, get yourself off to bed." She said gently to the younger girl who looked distraught.

"Thanks Blake." Georgia said again.

"Georgia, Paige is right, it's not your fault."

Georgia gave him a grateful smile before heading off to the spare bedroom.

Jessie yawned tiredly. "You want to go to bed too, Jessie?" Paige asked her aunt.

"Bed." Jessie repeated.