Chapter 1

A dirty library is never a know hangout among the teens. I glances around the bell ringing slightly as someone entered my bookstore. I rise out of my seat and quickly walk to the counter looking at the person who entered.

"Can I help you?"
I spoke in a quiet whisper that I'm surprised the man heard me.
"Yes do you by any chance know where I can find the owner of this library?"

I glanced up raising one eyebrow. The man before me had blonde hair and deep brown eyes a small smile was placed on his plump lips where a small piercing rest at the corner of his mouth.

I gripped my grey sweatshirt fiddling with the ends of the sleeve. Giving a sigh I walk towards him and reach out my hand.

"Lilian Grey owner of the Greys' Book Cavern, and you are?"

He smirked at me as if noticing my weak appearance.
"James Matthew, Vice President of Evergreen Co., I'm interested in buying this-" I watched as James eyed my books in disgust "fine establishment off your hands to turn into a part of headquarters."

Giving a glare in his direction I start walking away from him and towards the old chair in the corner.
"Not for sale Mr.Matthew now please get out of my store before I take matters into my own hands."

James threw me a shocked expression as he stalked towards me.

"My Lawyer will be in later today to discuss everything. Now good day Lilian."

I rolled my eyes and waited for the tell-tell sound of the bell ringing before relaxing in my chair and grabbing the worn out journal on my right. It's leather cover almost smooth to the touch from fingers rubbing against the cover in an almost comforting gesture. Letting my fingers brush against the cover I opened the book to the first page as familiar handwriting came into view.

My Ariel,

How I wish that I could be there right now to tell you this in person. But I dare say that telling you this secret will have to wait right now I only have one thing to say to you.

Don't sell this bookstore before you can understand why I had to leave.

4 Hours later

I glanced up from my seat as the bell gave a jingle and in walked a dark haired man in a black suit with a green tie that brought out his sparkling green eyes that looked almost emerald like.

"I assume you're Lilian Grey are you not?"

Letting my eyes rest on the wall behind him I roll my eyes and speak softly as to not disturb the little kids having reading time in the story room.

"Yes I am she, you are the annoying mans lawyer I assume."

I watched a soft chuckle escaped his soft looking lips that were tinted a light pink color. I licked my lips slowly damping them before closing the journal and glancing at the clock.

"No in fact, my name is Aaron Evergreen the CEO of Evergreen Co., and it seems that my cousin indeed made a remarkable impression on you."

Letting a moan of annoyance escape my lips I watched as Aaron's eyes darkened as he glances at my lips before his eyes traveled all the way down to my feet and finally came back to my eyes.

"Yes indeed he left quiet an impression now may I ask why you are here?"

He nodded slowly and took out a folder.

"Well you see I hate coming out of the office and leaving my valuable work behind to deal with no good prideful owners of failing businesses, but here I am dealing with the likes of you."

Letting a light laugh escape I rolled my eyes and spoke
"Why don't I feel honored, how about you leave the likes of me alone before I kick your sorry little a-" I stopped as I felt a tug at my sweater.

"Mama."

Glancing down I see my five year old daughter gripping her stuffed bunny in one hand and pointing outside with another. I glance towards Mr. Evergreen seeing that he was now very much in my personal bubble. Finally looking outside I see Thomas Stale, my husband.

His hands were clenched as he looked at me. He rushed towards the door giving a gasp I bend down to my daughters height and tell her to go into the secret cavern in the fairytale section along with the other kids. As she leave her blonde pig tails bouncing as she ran, her blue dress with a white bunnies on the hem flowing roughly at her running movements.

"Lilian."

I glanced up with a flinch as Thomas addressed me.

"Yes dear?"

My voice quivering towards the end.

"Who is this?"

Giving a gulp I glance at Aaron feeling light headed as his hand rest on my back.

"The better question is who are you and why are you harassing my wife?"

I hide behind Aaron as Thomas gave a growl of disapproval.
"Your wife? If you haven't noticed I'm her husband now move jackass."

I have a nervous sigh and spoke softly.

"Thomas we divorced five years ago after the incident."

I felt Aaron tense next to my as Thomas stalked towards the door again. He threw a glance at me mouthing the words
"Wait for me."

I swallowed the whimper that wanted to escape and grabbed Aaron's hand.

Once Thomas was gone I looked at Aaron.
I spoke roughly and defensively.
"What do I have to do to get you too keep quiet at what you just saw?"

The words that left his mouth made me lean on the bookshelf behind me.

"Marry me."