Chapter 14 - Cheater?

V i o l e t t a

Two weeks later since Leon and I went public, everything was going surprisingly well. I didn't expect it but, Ludmila had been awfully quiet and never did anything more than send me deadly glares. I could live with that. We were in last our week before Leon and I made it a month together.

After another early morning, I left with Angie to go to the Studio. Yes, for once, we went together and she didn't let me go alone.

"So.." She started, and I already knew where the conversation was headed, "How's it going with Leon?"

I smiled sheepishly at her, "Actually, it's going great. We've been together for 3 weeks now, and I can honestly say, he's a sweetheart."

"I'm very happy for you, Vilu, you know that right? You changed that mean character of his, and you brought out the good in him. He only wants to be with you these last few days, if I may add." Her last sentence turned me red and I looked everywhere but at her.

"You really think I changed him?" I asked.

"I don't think. I know that you did." She sincerely answered and I hugged her, holding her tightly.

"Thank you Angie. For your continuous support and for everything that you've done for me." I told her and she stroked my hair.

I could feel her smile, "I'll always be here."

"And also, thanks for not telling it to dad." I added, and she laughed.

"I think it's better if Herman doesn't know it." I completely agreed. Dad is such an overprotective man, he would be spying on Leon all the time.

We pulled away from the hug and kept talking until we reached the Studio. We bid our goodbyes and she headed to her next class. I had Pablo's.

I found Francesca and Camila talking in a corner, looking rather.. nervous?

I approached them, curious as to what was wrong.

"Hey girls.." I started, cautious with my words.

"Hey..." They mumbled, and Francesca bit her lip.

"What's wrong? I can see that your mood is.. not the best." I noted, and they glanced at each other quickly, a look I couldn't quite decipher.

"Everything's fine." Camila answered, but I wasn't convinced.

"Tell me." I demanded, or more like tried to. They were hard to break.

Are they mad at me because I had hidden from them that I was dating Leon?

I sighed, "Is it because I didn't tell you that Leon and I were together?"

"No, no, no Vilu, it's not that." Francesca rushed to tell me.

"Then what?" I retorted, confused.

"We-we.. uh, we.." Camila started but couldn't finish.

I was getting worried second by second. What had gotten into them? "What happened? What did you see that--"

Fran interrupted me, "We saw Leon and Ludmila kissing."

This has got to be a joke. "You have to be kidding me. This isn't funny, Francesca."

"No, she's right." Camila butted in and I turned to her. "I saw it too.." She looked at the ground, unable to hold my gaze. Probably because I was murdering them with my eyes.

"Honestly, I've been so happy these past few weeks, and now the people tearing down my happiness are my two best friends." I spat out, emphasizing on the word best.