Chapter 1 (Mission)

A/N Ok so this chapter is mainly to tell you what's going on in the story. I have great plans for this story and I hope you are all willing to give it a chance.

<3 Shelby

1

Mission

“Brother, Gabriel has requested for you to be brought to his chambers.” Michael informed me. I was laying on my bed reading, something I do very often when I am not training.

“What does he want?” I groaned as I closed the book and pushed myself up off the bed.

“I believe it is about your mission brother.” Michael informed me.

I followed Michael to Gabriel’s chambers where he was waiting.

“Ah, brother you have arrived.” Gabriel smiled.

“Only because you requested I come brother. Might I ask what this is about?” I questioned.

“Yes brother, your mission has been chosen. It is not an easy one, but I felt as if you were the only one qualified to take on such a mission.” Gabriel handed me a picture of a beautiful girl wearing a black hoodie with the hood covering her head. I couldn’t really see her face, but I could see her eyes. They were the most beautiful shade of grey I had ever seen.

“Who is she?” I asked.

“Her name is Gemma Matthews. She is the chosen one.” My jaw dropped.

We had been told the prophecy of the chosen one.

The chosen one shall be a beautiful maiden born a human. On the eve of her 2oth year on Earth she will die at the hands of a demon.

She will return to Heaven to train as an Angel to defeat Lucifer once and for all.

She will be Heaven’s secret weapon. She will not be an ordinary Angel.

The chosen one will posses powers greater than any Angel in Heaven.

“Why me?” I questioned.

“As I said you are the only one I feel who is qualified enough to train her.” Gabriel repeated.

“When do I leave.” I put my game face on.

“In an hour. You will have three months to prepare for her death.” Gabriel handed me a file.

“Three months?”

“Yes, you are to become her friend. It will not be an easy task. She has avoided other people and locks herself away.” Gabriel frowned.

“I’ll do my best brother, but I won’t make any promises.” I headed back to my own chambers.

I flipped open the file and looked at the picture again before I actually read it.

Name: Gemma Matthews

DOB: May 16, 1991

Height: 5’6

Weight::125

Likes: reading, writing, music, drawing, cooking

Dislikes: socializing, snakes, dishonesty

Attends Central Panama Community College

I kept reading to find that I would attend the same college as her. I would also be in all the same classes as her. I closed the file and slipped it into the book bag that had been provided for me. An apartment and vehicle was waiting for me on Earth. This was it. This mission is what I had been training for all my life. I could not fail.

Thirty minutes later I was transported from Heaven to earth. I walked into the apartment building to claim my key for my apartment.

“May I help you?” The receptionist smiled looking me up and down.

“Brian Taylor.” I told her.

“Oh yes Mr. Taylor I have both your apartment and car keys here.” The receptionist smiled again as she handed me a small manila envelope with both keys in it.

I took the elevator to apartment 228. This would be my home for the next three months. I walked around getting familiar with my surroundings. I had only ever been to Earth one time to bring back a rogue Angel. While I’m on Earth my wings are hidden, but I still have most of my powers. I can still kill a demon and bring people back to life. I can transport to anywhere I want to, and I can also be invisible.

I walked through the living room and noticed it had a huge plasma screen TV. The kitchen was ok not that I was going to be cooking in there much. I didn’t know how to cook to save my life. Then I made it to the bedroom. I liked it a lot. It was painted a smoky blue color and the bedcovers were all white.

I slung my back pack on the floor and laid down on the bed for a while. The whole transporting to earth thing was tiring. I’ll have to remember to sleep and eat while I’m down here. In Heaven it’s not necessary to sleep or eat, but here on Earth it’s a must. I decided to nap for about an hour before I went to take a tour of the campus. Today was Monday so I didn’t have classes until tomorrow.

An hour and a half later I was up and dressed appropriately to go visit the campus. I noticed how all eyes turned to me when I walked through the lobby of the main building. This was starting to annoy me. The girls were looking at me as if I was something to eat, and the guy shot daggers at me like I was a threat to them. I walked to the main office and sat down in a chair to wait as the secretary had motioned for me to do.

“Mr. Taylor, Dean Simmons will see you now.” The secretary smiled politely.

I walked into Dean Simmons’ office and instantly noticed Gemma sitting in one of the chairs.

“Mr. Taylor, nice to meet you.” Dean Simmons extended his right hand and I shook it.

“You too, sir.” I said as I took the seat next to Gemma.

“Brian, I’d like to introduce you to your tour guide and classmate Gemma Matthews.” I looked over at Gemma who was hiding behind her silky light brown waves.

“Nice to meet you Gemma, I’m Brian.” I held my hand out for her to shake.

“Hi.” She said in a barely audible voice.

“Well then, I guess all I have left to say is welcome to Central Panama Community College.” Dean Simmons said dismissing us from his office.

“So where do we start?” I asked as I shoved my fists into my pocket.

“Where are your classes at?” She reached for my schedule.

I handed her the schedule and she took off walking.

“Hey wait up.” I called after her .

“Keep up. I don’t have all day.” She sighed as she waited for me to catch up to her.

I followed Gemma as she showed me where each of my classes were and where all other facilities I would be using were.

“So thanks for the tour.” I told her as we walked towards the main building again.

“You’re welcome.” She turned to walk the other way.

“See you in class tomorrow.” I called after her, but she didn’t reply. She just kept on walking.

I sighed. Gabriel was right. This was not going to be an easy mission. I was going to have to win her over before I could even think about training her. Gemma was a mystery of sorts to me. Her file didn’t say much as to why she was a loner.

Curiosity got the best of me and I decided to follow her home. I would have to learn as much as I could about her before I tried to solve the mystery that was Gemma Matthews. I don’t know why, but this ordinary human girl intrigued me so much that I felt drawn to her. I had to know her. Gemma was a mystery non the less, but she was a beautiful mystery. One that I planned to solve before she died.