Vigilante

"But they who give straight judgments to strangers and to those of the land and do not transgress what is just, for them the city flourishes and its people prosper."

“Please! I can give you anything! How many cretins?!” begged the stranger under my boot. I spat at him, glaring at his purple eyes filled with fear.

“I don’t want your money, you filthy alien,” I stated venomously. Raising my sword, I closed my eyes. His screams echoed through the dark, dirty alley.

“He who does not punish evil commands it to be done,” I whispered. Plunging into his heart, I grimaced as blue blood went everywhere. My sword rose again and like a hawk, it zoomed in on its prey, the alien’s second heart. And with that, my deed was done.

Murmuring a prayer, I crossed my heart with my hand. Indeed I was a God fearing girl but this could not stop my hunger, which had the name of Justice.

You might be asking who this insane person is. Well it’s true, I am mad. The name’s Echo and that’s all you need to know. And I’m here to cleanse my world. This is my story.

Oh come on. Do you honestly believe I was born to be a cold blooded killer? No. I was made into one. Nothing is wrong with my brain, except maybe for the memories inside it. I chose this path. And I’m not getting off it until the past is reborn.

Maybe you are reading this and all is fine with your life. I don’t know what year you are in. Mine is 2032. Is it shortly after I died and released this? Or is the book you are holding right now old and falling apart? Either way, you should know about my short decent into madness and what was happening during my time. So here goes.

This started seven years ago when I was ten. Sitting in my house’s TV room, my family and neighbors were gathered around the blasting television set. Different excited voices filled the room. I could barely hear myself think. But that was ok. I just watched everyone’s faces and waited for the announcement to be made. The news came on and my parents silenced everyone.

The camera focused on the president and a tall member of their alien species. They shook hands and the president smiled like these strangers were members of his family and not different creatures who barged into our world.

The crowd at the scene of the crime… I mean great event in history cheered madly as the declaration was signed. I was the only one in the room shaking my head. I didn’t understand why we instantly trusted these things and why we were allowing them to live here. To this day I don’t comprehend it. But back then I was alone on my opinion. But now things were starting to change.

So that was the day when the aliens became citizens alongside us. No, they are not hideous, giant creatures. The Voltar’s are taller than us and thinner. Their skin color ranges from very light blues, purples and greens and they seem to faintly glow. The monster’s eye colors range from any color of the rainbow and the eyes themselves are bigger and bulge more than ours. They have six very slim fingers on each hand.

But I know something about them that only the government knows. Both of their index fingers can have poison come out of them, which paralyzes any living thing for an hour. There’s more to them than that though.

Unfortunately I have to know a lot about these things in order to kill them. Their weak spots are their two large hearts and the top of their long spines. But we don’t have to get into how I kill them or the heroic feeling I get from slaughtering them.

Why I do it? I suppose it’s a sick combination of revenge and feel that I was doing the world a favor. I don’t call myself a serial killer. That’s more of killing for no reason. I’m a vigilante because I know that these aliens are going to doom us all. They already ruined my life.