i. intoxication

Dylan stumbled through the crowd, a glass bottle in his hands and his glasses slipping off of his nose. He found his group of friends who all had a bottle of their own. Dylan brought the bottle to his lips and took a long sip, wiping his lips on the sleeve of his green t-shirt. He scanned the crowd full of gyrating bodies and let out a heavy sigh, unsatisfied with what he saw. It never failed. No matter what club Dylan would go to, all of the girls would wear clothes that were too small and too tight in order to get the attention of men who were either too drunk or too high to notice them. 

This was his fourth time out this week, and it was only Tuesday. After breaking up with his girlfriend, he needed to find a way to get her off of his mind: alcohol. As cliche as it may sound, Dylan drowned himself in cheap beers that were purchased from gas stations. Even though it didn't completely erase her from his memory, it was enough to subdue the pain. 

"Dude, you okay?" Dylan's best friend, Jude, asked.

"Hm?" Dylan replied. "Yeah, sorry. Just thinking."

Jude shook his head and threw his arm over Dylan's shoulders. He felt Dylan's pain; truly, he did. Two years ago he had broken up with his girlfriend and went down the same road that Dylan was going through. He tried his best to hide any alcohol from Dylan, but the boy was like a bloodhound. 

"You can't keep doing this to yourself," Jude sighed while leading the intoxicated boy towards a vacated table. "I get it, Alice broke your heart. But you need to get over it. All of this drinking ain't good for your kidneys."

Dylan rolled his green eyes and swirled the drink around in the bottle before sliding it across the table. Jude grabbed it by the neck and set it underneath the table that way Dylan wouldn't be able to grab it. He stared at his friend, his brown eyes taking in his appearance. Dylan's eyes were red and squinted, partially because of lack of sleep. His pale shoulders slumped forward, and brown hair greasy. He looked so tired and Jude's heart ached for him.

The intoxicated boy turned his head and stared at the boy in front of him. He sighed as soon as he saw the frown on his lips.

"Can we go home?" Dylan asked. Jude nodded and the two stood up, Dylan using Jude's shoulder for support. Jude wrapped his dark arm around Dylan's shoulder and manuevered them through the crowd.

From a distance, a brunette watched two boys, one highly intoxicated, exit the club, a small frown forming on her lips. She could feel the intoxicated boy's heartache from across the building and it was making her mood darken. She looked down at her Solo cup, which was filled halfway with Skittles. 

"Cupid!" a voice from behind her called out. The woman in question turned around with a small eye-roll.

"Yes?" Cupid asked before popping a few of the candies in her mouth. 

"Are you even listening to me?" 

Cupid shook her head and offered the cup to the girl who stood in front of her.  The light-skinned girl rolled her brown eyes and sat next to Cupid, taking a handful of Skittles and shoving them in her mouth before the blue-eyed girl could protest. 

"Even when you're sad, you're still flawless," Delilah complained around the Skittles.

"You're digusting," Cupid deadpanned. Delilah laughed and stuck out her tongue, showing off the rainbow assortment of candies that stuck to it. Cupid just stared at the mixed girl who sat next to her. 

Delilah swallowed the little bit that was left in her mouth before turning her entire body to face Cupid. Her dark eyes scanned over Cupid's frame before holding her gaze. Her blue eyes were guarded, as per usual, but Delilah knew something was wrong.

"What's going on with you?" Delilah asked