Chapter 3 - Ice Cream

The group dismantled, saying their goodbyes and promising future meet-ups. Raven hugged her friends goodbye and took her place next to Kat in the passenger seat of Kat's car. The girls were buckling in their seat belts when a knock on their window startled them. Raven looked out to see Tucker motioning for her to roll down the window.

"Sup Tuck?" Kat asked.

"Weren't we going to get Ice cream?" he asked in a matter-of-fact way.

"Oh yeaaahhh! Come on! Get in then! What are you waiting for?" Raven chimed in.

Tucker plopped into the back seat of the car and fastened his seat belt. "So... Where are we headed?" 

"I was thinking more on the lines of Fro-Yo?" Kat said.

"Sure! Fro-Yo's good! Lets go!" Raven replied, "You're paying, Tuck!" She smiled back at him.

"Yeah yeah. I know. Lets go already." 

The girls chuckled at Tucker's reply as Kat pulled out on to the main highway. 

"I didn't notice we were outside city limits...?" Raven spoke to herself.

Kat heard her words and replied rather curtly: "Yeah that would be because you were too busy drooling all over my passenger seat!" 

"KAAAT! Shut up!" Raven slapped Kat's arm, making her wince. 

"Dude, I only speak the truth." 

"Yeah yeah." 

The girls bickered as Tucker sat in the back seat, snickering away at their little argument. He had missed being with his two best friends and this, he noted regrettably, was as far as they could get in reference to the past. He, too, feared the worse when it came to Raven's memory. His heart kept hoping that she'd just wake up one day and remember everything from before the accident, more importantly remember everything they had together. But his mind kept dragging him back to reality, bringing up the possibility that Raven might never remember her past. He had spent countless hours locked up in this room, researching about amnesia when he first found out about Raven's accident. The statistics had been clear; the possibility of her remembering was just as much as that of her never remembering, and that hurt him more than he hoped it would. His train of thought was interrupted as Raven waved a hand in front of his face, snapping him back to the real world.

"What you thinking about, Tuck?"

"Nothing. Nothing. Are we there already?" He asked, still dazed by his thoughts.

"No... I was asking what you were planning on doing after summer break."

"Oh. I don't know yet. I have applied to a couple of universities but I'm not so sure if I'll even get accepted..."

"Meh. I'm sure you'll get accepted. Don't sweat it!"

"Easy for you to say! You've already been accepted to CCA."

"I have? What's CCA?"

"California College Of Arts. For the undergrad Fashion Design program! Remember how you used to tell me that you'd become a famous designer someday and then forget all of us because you'd be rich?" Frustration was edging its way into Tucker's voice.

Raven, confused at Tucker's words, looked over at Kat for an explanation. 

"Kat?"

"Yeah hey! You got accepted. The letter came a week before the ummm.. accident. You've always wanted to be a fashion designer." Kat smiled a quick smile at Raven, looking back towards the road.

"Oh. I really don't remember... But we're still in High School, aren't we?"

"Yeah we are. But your acceptance came early because you applied in the early admissions. We celebrated at that new mall on 5th street." Tucker replied, trying to hold back his disappointment.