Chapter 1: First Day (Ayyyyy)

Hey fam! My name's Delilah, and this is my introduction in order to set the stage for how my adventure begins. Let's start from the top. On September 21st, the planets stopped orbiting the sun and focused their attention on something fresher... me. I was born to Grant and Kathy Hart, delivered by Dr. Clarke, and given the name Delilah.
Along with my glamorous self, I have a sister,  in college and my brother who is in high school. Also my dog, Maximus, who is the most adorable puppy that ever roamed the earth. We live on the campus of Johnson Carr University since my dad is a professor there.
I used to go to Grierville Academy for middle school but I decided to apply to other schools to see if I should broaden my high school experience. After months of applications and talks with my parents, I finally applied and got into Briarsdale Academy, away from the people I had known for eight years.
Now, as a soccer goalie going to a very athletic school, I made the decision to go to week long preseason to both get a sense of the campus and of the team I would be on.
Of course, my house is nine hours away so I won't see my 'rents and sibs for a while (which will be a nice little break, I'll admit). Since I live so far away, I hopped on the plane and shipped all of my room stuff to BA.
"How old are you?" I snap out of my introduction to see a tall, blonde flight attendant in front of me, who has just snatched my ticket.
"Fifteen," I reply, pulling out my information. She grabs that out of my hands as well. She seems very bothered by me, and I have only said one word to her. Man, if this is how Briardale's like, I'll have a bunch of friends. After scanning my passport six times too many, she sends me along my way to baggage claim, where I'd grab my duffel bags and uber to school for early registration.
As soon as I grab my bag, I quickly pull up the app. Standing alone very awkwardly, I swipe through my phone to find the car service. It takes him around seven minutes to get to me... In case you were wondering, because I know you were; his name was Adam, his favorite color was neon orange (also the color of his hair), and he enjoys listening to hardcore metal. Overall, great driver.
"Is this where I should drop you off?" He cranks down the blasting music before helping me get my duffel bag out of the car.
"Yes, thank you!"
"Anytime," he says, closing my door behind me before speeding off. Alright, I said to myself, the sheet says to meet in Avery Hall. Where the hell is that?
A girl with red hair sprints over to me, smiling. "Are you here for preseason?" Her previously neat hair seemed a bit disheveled from her impromptu sprint in 3-inch heels. I nod slowly, unsure of what she would do next.
"Sweet! My name's Scarlett, and I am also a senior so it's awesome that there's new faces in our grade. Follow me!"
Before I can object to the part about me being a senior, she grabs my duffel bag and starts to carry it for me, sprinting up the stairs into the building.
Yeah, I didn't run the whole summer so I'm probably fucked for preseason.
I jog after her to find a crowded line with many parents and children waiting in it. Haha, my parents are probably watching Netflix right now.
"Alright, this is the line but it moves pretty quickly. I'll see you around!" She swiftly pulls me in for a hug before sprinting off. Lots of energy, that girl.
All around me, I see blonde girls racing up to each other before pulling into a tight-looking embrace while guys were giving each other bro hugs.
Then there's me, standing there awkwardly in silence while all of these people greet each other around me. It's definitely something.
"Hey girl," a brown-haired guy says to me as he and his group circled around me.
"Hey there."
"I was thinking maybe you'd want to go out so-" His words are thankfully interrupted by a hand from outside of the circle grabbing my hand and pulling me swiftly out from the center.
"Not where you want to be right now," the voice of the person who grabbed me says to me. Their face is unclear due to me only seeing the back of their head. They've got a hell of a lot of blonde hair and hey, it looks on fleek so go them!
The mysterious person finally turns around and scans me with her piercing blue eyes that are unrealistically bright like the Caribbean Ocean.
Her resting face is intimidating, and I find myself becoming a little self-conscious about what I was wearing. That was until my brain reminded me that I am a badass and I look AMAZING in my grey jeans with my leather jacket.
"What's your name?" I snap out of my train of thought when she starts to talk to me.
"Delilah... Delilah Hart." I go to reach out my hand to shake hers but quickly realized that she is still holding my hand. Weird.
"Kennedy Gilmore." She shakes my hand that she's already holding before finally relinquishing her grasp.
"What high school did you transfer from, Delilah?"
"Um, I didn't transfer from a high school." I think Kennedy also assumed automatically that I was older than I am.
"You were home schooled then?" She leans against the wall, being aware of her surroundings but also eyeing me.
"No." She turns back to meet my eyes; a look of confusion displays on her face.
"I'm a freshman." The realization hits Kennedy harder than the bus hit Regina George. She ran her hand through her long blonde hair before laughing.
"I thought you were my age."
"I get that a lot," I replied back, unsure of what I should say next. I had heard from my friends back home to watch out for the upperclassmen since they could make my life a living hell if they wanted to. Just before we started to have an awkward silence, she grabbed a clipboard from the welcoming table and her eyes scanned the sheet.
"Oh," she said in a tone that sounded as if she was caught off guard, "I'm your proctor." As I had learned from my brother, proctors are people who mentor you throughout the entire year.