Chapter 4

My brain has to win. It just has to! I walked home to Jason sucking Lindsey's face. Again. I was hurt...I mean he could kiss me and then the next day just be kissing some other girl? Of course, dummy. I thought. He does it all the time. He's just never done it to you. Now I realized how all the other current girl's felt. Upset. Betrayed. Angry that he moved on so quickly. Angry that they hadn't left an impression. He looked up at me. I could feel tears in my eyes but I just acted like I didn't care. "Hey, can you guys move that to the guest room? I'd like to watch t.v." I said.

"Actually, I'm gonna head out." Lindsey said, giving Jason one, last, sweet kiss. Then she grabbed her purse and sashayed out the door. I sat down in the recliner, like I had yesterday, but Jason didn't say anything this time.

"You think that's okay?" I asked him.

"Huh?"

"Do you think that it's okay to play with my feelings like that? My brother and I will pound your face in. Now I know how all the other current girls felt. I actually feel bad that they had to put up with you. You are disgusting." I said, my eyes never leaving the television.

"Ashlee...I shouldn't have kissed you the other day. It was a mistake and I'm sorry." Jason said.

"Sorry?" I said, spitting the word out like it was a disease. "Did I mention how disgusting you are? I can't believe you go around, sucking face with any girl that's blonde and has big boobs." I could feel tears gathering in my eyes again so I picked up my bag and stomped up to my room. I slammed the door and hoped that I had made him feel miserable. Throwing my bag on the floor, I climbed onto my bed and under the sheets, covering my non-blonde head. I heard the door open and stiffened.

"Ashlee..I'm sorry. Maybe it wasn't a mistake. Maybe it was supposed to happen but I don't believe in that crap. Can't you just forgive me?" Jason asked, laying down beside me and wrapping his leg around my waist. I squirmed, trying to get free, but gave up realizing that I wasn't going anywhere. I uncovered my head but luckily my back was towards him so he couldn't see my face which I knew was covered in tears. "Ashlee, please. Can't you see that I'm not the type of guy who holds on to one girl forever? I know, I know. I sound like the world's biggest jerk. But I'm just not ready to be in a relationship." He kissed the back of my neck.

"Don't. Kiss. Me." I said. "Go away, Jason."

"Ashlee...."

"No. Leave." I said. He just hugged me tighter. I groaned. Couldn't he just leave me alone? "When a girl tells you to leave, you usually leave and find some other girl to suck face with. Why aren't you doing that now?" I asked.

"I don't know. I don't feel like it." Okay. That made me wiggle so that I could turn around and face him. Then the realization of what we were doing hit me and I felt myself blush. We were lying on my bed. In my room. With the door shut. Ryan was at work. We were alone.

Brain: Oh no no no no NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Get out of there, Ashlee!!!

Heart: Oh yes yes yes YES!!!!!!!!!!!! Are his eyes, like, extra blue today?

Brain: No, his eyes aren't extra blue, stupid. I'm your BRAIN for crying out loud. Shouldn't you be listening to me, Ashlee?

Heart: Psh. Who told you that, Brain? Haven't you heard the saying, "Always trust your heart?"

"Umm. Earth to Ashlee?" Jason asked.

"Oh. Sorry. I...um...spaced out."

"Yeah. I noticed." He said, closer to me then I would like. Our lips brushed but just then the front door slammed.

"Jason!? Ashlee!?" Ryan yelled. Jason got up and walked down the stairs.

"I'm here. Ashlee's in her room. Sleeping." Jason told Ryan. I closed my eyes just as Ryan came in.

"How did you know she was sleeping?" Ryan asked. I peeked just a little and could see the you-better-not-have-slept-with-my-little-sister look.

"Well, when Lindsey left I came up to check on her." Jason said calmly.

"I see." Ryan said, looking over at me. "Well let's leave her alone then." Then they both walked down the stairs and I snickered. Man I love the you-better-not-have-slept-with-my-little-sister look.

A/N:

What'd you guys think?? Haha :D Vote and Comment :D ♥♥♥ Picture is of Russell Crowe who plays the dad, Jerry :D He looks like he could play a drunk dad, right? Haha :D My writers block went away! Yipee :D Dedication is to Writer_For_Life13 because she has supported me through this whole story :)

~Selena