0

My head rocks from one side to the other, as my eyes blink slowly trying to push through the haze. Muffled shouting and the weeping of my mother not too far away from the growling had me wondering what had happened before I was knocked out. Crashing and glass breaking on top of my mother's high pitch yelling had me pulling out of the daze I was in. Only to see a large pissed off wolf charging towards my face, jaw unhinged with a determined look in its eyes.

My yell was cut short from the yank of my shirt from behind and my body being flung into a pair of arms. I blinked hard and looked up.

"Rémy.."

Even with the chaos that is happening he still looked as handsome as ever. Dark red hair tussled and shining silver eyes fiercer than the normal soft ones full of laughter. Glancing over, Dante pushes back the wolf to the other three that emerged from the kitchen. What was happening?

"You have five seconds to get off of our territory." Dante says calmly, but the threat still cut through like a knife.

A deep growl from the head wolf as its eyes clearly not taking a liking to the thought of leaving. Mom's whimper from where she laid surrounded by broken glass from the coffee table had me flinching to go to her. Rémy held me back making me frustrated. I look to him with a glare then back to mom.

"Mommy...What's going on?"

She lifted her arm that was in a funky position and let out a hiss; she tried to stand again. Her eyes meet mine and I could read the amount of sadness that was held behind them. She stood, glass tinkling to the floor in a shower as she stood by Dante, addressing the wolves as if they could understood her.

"You will leave. The contract has been broken. Let war fall upon us again because I will not hand over my daughter to him!" She shouts towards the end, eyes just as fierce as the wolves growling and snapping back. "Now get off my land."

The wolves let out a ripple of growls that had me squeezing Remy's arm. The one leading the pack looked towards me sending a look as cold as ice before he lead the group through the kitchen and ultimately out the house. A howl was heard a short time after and it seemed to echo through the night as we all stood there in silence.

Not too long after the bang of the front door caving in was heard and determined footsteps moved towards the living room , or what was left of it. It was then my body seemed to move out of its numb state and the questions rattled off in my head.

My eyes shoot over to him once a curse slips through his lips as he takes in the mess of the living room. My legs had me running and slamming my body into his as I went into shock. What was going on? Why was mother speaking to wolves? What did she mean about taking away my freedom?

"Daddy." I trembled against him as his hands wrapped around my tiny body and cradled me against his chest. He cooed and mumbled things, telling me that everything was going to be alright. Mom's hand rubbed soothing circles on my back, as if trying to wash away the terrible images of tonight away.

But as another howl drifted into the night sky I knew that every thing was not okay.