Confessions Of A Teenage FBI Agent

My names Hope Heart, I have crooked teeth, braces to fix them, pink glasses, long dark hair that is all tangled in the morning after i've slept, an overprotective father(Well I had an overprotective father)

So i'm just like any normal fifteen year old.

Well, define normal.

It was a spring day, cool yet warm, the sun shining on my skin, the first flowers sprouting from the ground that had so long been covered with snow...

"Hope Elizabeth Marie Heart!" A voice called. I looked up from the stray cat I had been petting. My grandma looked back at me, giving me the evil eye. She was an intimidating woman, around 5'10, she had cold blue eyes, thin pink lips, and sucked in cheeks. She was kind to me normally, except when I broke one of her five billion rules.

"That... thing!" She exclaimed, pointing at the harmless white cat, nudging up against my leg.

"Could have fleas." I finished with her. This cat, which I had named Eirwen, which meant white as snow, was pretty much my pet, it always hung around Grandma's house, which drove her crazy, but I liked it. Grandma hated animals though, and since I lived with her because my dad had crazy hours, and sometimes went away for weeks with his Invention selling agency so he could not stay with me, and my mom was dead, so Grandma had moved here from Oklahoma and had been watching me ever since I was around seven or eight.

"Sorry Grandma." I said, even though I loved the cat, and knew it didn't have fleas, you just didn't argue with Isabella Grace Heart.

I got up and went inside, dragging my feet a little. Grandma always kept the house super cold for some reason, and the cold hit my bones and made my body rigid as soon as I walked through the door.

"All it's missing is some icebergs, and it could be Antarctica." I muttered, already halfway up the stairs to my room so Grandma didn't hear me.

I opened my small cedar chest that rested on the oak floor at the foot of my huge bed. The chest was tiny, just about 5 times the size of a big jewelry box, and in it I kept all I knew of my mom.

There was a news clipping published in the newspaper the day after she died-

HARVARD COUNTY MOTHER AND WIFE DIED YESTERDAY.

By Richard Lerevie

Today Marguerite Heart, wife of Martin Heart(38) and mother of Hope Heart(2) Passed away in the crossfire between police and the shooter in the Perick Elementary School Shooting.

Our sources reveal that the police fired at the shooter as he ducked behind her, and stopped firing too late, they had pierced the young mother and wife in the heart.

Our condolences are with young Hope Heart, and her father Martin Heart. We offer them our prayers in their time of great grief, and wish them all their luck.

Private services will be held at Mareick Chapel. They have only invited Family, so we are not at liberty to disclose the time and/or date.

There was her wedding wing, her engagement ring, a few pieces of cherished jewelry of her mothers, some letters her mother and father had written back and forth when they were dating, etc.

"Hope... come down here." Grandma suddenly called, in a tone I had never heard before...

Grandma was scared.