Chapter 11

Phil's POV

Dan kissed me. Not my lips or my face, but on my neck when he cuddled me in bed.

I listened carefully to his soft breathing on the back of my neck. It was late, I knew, but I couldn't sleep. I wanted to turn and kiss him. I wanted to take PJ's advice. I wanted to tell him I loved him.

But I didn't. I let him sleep.

He was so amazingly warm pulled up against me. I touched his arm that he kept draped around me. He felt so real, so alive, so special. I wanted him all to myself. Being so helpless, I got that. His attention meant everything to me.

It wasn't long after that I did eventually sleep. I dreamed of him. I could see him - his beautiful brown eyes, his sweet smile, his happiness. I could see him. I saw my Dan. It felt so real. It wasn't the first dream since the accident, but it was by far the most vivid and most memorable. I dreamed that I was still touching his face, though I could see. When I did, he put his hands around my waist and pulled me in for a kiss. I wished it were real.

Dan's POV

I woke up before Phil did, still comfortably holding him close. During the night, he had turned and faced me, so I could see him still sleeping. My arm was still around his lower back. I didn't want to let go.

I pushed a piece of his messed up hair out of his face with my hand to be able to look at him. While he was still asleep, I couldn't help it. I pressed my lips to his forehead. He looked beautiful. I snugged into him again and waited for him to wake up.

He did and yawned, stretching his arm up and dropping it back over mine. He swiped his thumb over my skin, realizing I was there.

"Good morning," he said lovingly.

I smiled. We just laid in bed, staying close and not speaking. It was the best morning of my life.