12. Rhyming Curses.

Percy eyed Nathan with distaste, wishing that they were by the creek once more and he could soak Nathan with a blink of the eye. He could here too, but he didn't think the group would appreciate the loss of the contents of the jugs of Kool-Aid or cans of Diet Coke. Nor did he think Chiron would be too pleased if he were to burst the pipes that ran through the building.

"We have a cabin, you're having a Head Counsellor meeting." Percy shrugged. "I guess I'm the Head Counsellor."

"Why are there two of you then?" Nathan huffed.

"I don't trust him not to say anything stupid," Luke responded. "Plus, I've missed the absolute shitshow these meetings used to be."

"You've been at one of these before?" Thalia asked, eyes fixed on him.

"Before my unfortunate demise, yes." Luke nodded. "There's been quite a few changes in leadership though. Well, aside from Clarisse. But she's as permanent as Chiron."

"Chiron got fired once." Travis pointed out helpfully.

"We agreed not to mention that unfortunate period again," Chiron sighed.

"Clarisse didn't get fired." Connor pointed out, even more helpfully.

"You still haven't explained why you both have to be here!" Nathan interrupted before either of the Stolls could say anything more. "Can't we keep that one?" He pointed at Luke. "And get rid of that one?" He pointed at Percy.

"He's not going to waste the Kool-Aid by pouring it on you, Nathan, relax." Jason rolled his eyes. "I don't think he'd mess with the pipes either, it'd annoy Chiron."

"I did consider both of those things but decided against them," Percy admitted. "And if I touched the Coke, Dionysus would murder me as I slept."

"I don't want you here," Nathan huffed.

"Well, the rest of us do." Nico snarked. "You're outvoted, Burns. You're just scared that he's going to take your position as Poseidon Head Counsellor. After all, you've only got it because there wasn't any competition after Percy left. I keep hoping that Poseidon drops off a baby because we all know a baby would do a better job than you."

Nathan spluttered.

"Can we please get at least five minutes into the meeting before you two start fighting?" Annabeth asked.

Percy's eyes went to her unbidden. He had missed her. Not so much as a lover, but more as a friend for they had been friends far longer than their romantic relationship had lasted. Honestly, he hadn't blamed her when Nathan had come into Camp. He had managed to present the illusion of a well-spoken young man who held powers significantly less scary than Percy's for a solid few weeks and when he had begun to whine and moan, many were already under his thrall. He had been something new, a child of the Big Three who was found after two wars and had not heralded the start of a third.

Annabeth looked no different but also different in every way in comparison to the Annabeth he had seen briefly the day he had departed. Her eyes were hard as she looked at Nathan, curious as she looked at Percy. She glanced between Nico and Nathan with a certain air of tiredness that suggested this was not the first time she'd had to referee this fight and she had no expectations that it would be the last.

"Quick, someone start on the agenda." Katie gestured to the whiteboard on the wall close to Seymour. It was covered in a rainbow of text, some points serious, others daft. "Clovis wants more pillows on the pavilion so he can nap during dinner."

"Clovis also wants more pillows in the amphitheatre so he can nap during the campfire." Chris pointed out.

"Clovis just wants more pillows." Travis nodded. "And it's within our power to grant that request."