Change My Mind

Iris' POV

" You're so weird" I say giggling at my best friend Liam

"Ya but you love it." he says smirking at me

"Ya I do" I reply giggling

•••••

Liam and I have known each other since grade 1. But we were never to close. When we got put into the same class in grade 4 we started talking and instantly become best friends. Ever since we've spent everyday together. It's not just us. I have my other best friends that we all hang out with. I actually think one of my friends likes him, not that I care, right?

People always say that we should date, and that we're cute together. We don't think so. Sure we sometimes flirt, even without noticing, and it seems like we like each other. But we don't.. I mean I don't, I don't know about him.

Now we're in grade 9. We're in different classes. We've been in the same class for over 3 years So its been hard. Sometimes I think we become more and more distant. It even seems like he likes Grace, the girl who likes him, more than me. I'm not jealous, well maybe a little. Just because of all the attention he gives her now a days. It's so obvious that she likes him, she acts so odd around him, and I try my best not to look jealous, but I think I do. And now I find myself being rude to her, which I don't want to be.

So now, I'm here sitting with him waiting for the bus, just us, talking about whatever comes to mind.

"What if elephants were the size of a rat" I say turning to him

"What the heck why would you ask that?" he says giving me a confused look

"I don't know it just came to me. I mean they'd be so cute. I'd defiantly have one as a pet. What about you?"

"Uh no i'll pass. But what a better question to ask is what if a rat was the size of an elephant?" he says giving me a cheeky smirk

"Ew that's so disgusting! Why would anyone want to have a rat the size of a freaking elephant! Oh my gosh ew." I squeal

"I don't know why think its such a bad idea. I'd ride it to school all day er day" Liam smiles

I burst out laughing "Oh my gosh what the hell!" I continue laughing

He joins in and starts laughing with me. A few seconds later our laughing starts to stop and we start to look into each others eyes. Me looking into his blue eyes, like the sky on a warm summers day, and him looking into my chocolate brown eyes.

I look away before things get to awkward.

Wow. That was weird.

- - - - - - - - -

HELLO it's my first time writing a story here on Wattpad. I know I'm not that great but I'll try to work on it. this story is about a girl named Iris who's confused as if she likes her best friend Liam, who is also confused. Along the way the come to bumps in the rode, and another guy who likes Iris.

Hope you enjoyed this short chapter :)