Jet-Son of Darkness (Rise of the Guardians and Jack Frost fanfic)

A/N: I don't own any characters from ROTG, and I'm not sure if anybody has the character names that I do, if you do, I'm sorry, and I will change the names when you tell me in comments or message me! WARNING: this may suck

*     *     *

A cold wind blew straight past me. Despite being who I was, I shivered. It didn't matter that I was the son of darkness apparently. Not that I had known that before. I had an older sister, an older brother, and a mother. No father. Mom never talked about him. Never any details, just that fact that I had a dad, somewhere.

The wind speed increased. Woah, it's cold. Why am I cold? There's only one person that can make me cold....The one immortal that had the power to defeat my dad.

"Jack..," I growled. I had found out my first winter that being in the dark didn't scare me, and I loved it when it was dark, damp, and cold. Then, two years ago, Jack Frost, the Guardians, and I had an encounter...

"Hey! Who's this idiot?" Who is he calling idiot? "I found him near Pitch's lair." Pitch? Who's Pitch? Could they mean...Pitch Black? The BOOGEYMAN?? Are they serious? What's going on?

"I don't know mate, but the little fella looks like Pitch,"  IS THAT A TALKING BUNNY?!?! Or is it a kangaroo?

"Kangaroo has a point," Oh, so it was a kangaroo.

"Who are you callin' kangaroo?? I'm a BUNNY!" Or not. I stared around in wonder to see...the Guardians? They exist? I easily recognized Jack, his cold presence and white hair gave it away. The giant, Australian....bangaroo thing...A big, Russian..Santa...a little floating gold guy...hmm..Sandman..and..the..tooth fairy. Well.

"I think your a kangaroo...," Jack muttered. His ice-blue eyes widened as they saw I was awake. "Hey! The idiot's awake!"

"Why," I grumbled, "are you calling me an idiot?"

"Because, you don't look that smart. Look like a zombie," he smirked. I thought about my appearence. Long, black, shaggy hair, dark brown eyes, dark colored clothes, pale skin. Maybe my eyes looked glazed over...making me look like i'm..out of it. I didn't find him very amusing.

I narrowed my eyes. My hands came up in front of me. I concentrated, my eyes going completely shut. I didn't know what I was doing. All I felt was power. I felt the power condence to my hands..and I opened my eyes. A giant black ball of energy was swirling in front of my palms. I smirked at Jack, and sent it directly at him.

It probably wasn't smart to attack a Guardian, but I was in a REALLY bad mood. Jack's staff, unfortunately, came up to block it just in time. Both of our eyes widened. Him, because he didn't know i could do that, and mine because, in all my life, I didn't know I could do that.

"He is dangerous! He has Pitch's powers! Who is he?" I recognized North's heavily accented voice. I answered in a steady voice of my own:

"I am Jet. I don't know how I could possibly have Pitch's powers." Jack frowned.

"Is your name..Jet Black?" His frown turned into a smirk. "That, would be really funny. That's a color!"

"Uhhh, how is Jet worse than Jack Frost? And my last name isn't Black. It's Lardine. I don't have a father," my voice turned a little sad at the end. How embarassing. Jack started cracking up, and the bangaroo cracked a smile.

"L-l-lardine? like, sardines?" Jack gasped between laughs.

"It's my mother's name! And I happen to like it. At least I have a last name.." I turned to storm away, but then Tooth spoke up.

"Wait, you have dark energy magic, a dark apperance, and no father. There's no way he isn't Pitch's son," she looked around at the rest of the Guardians. "Somebody has to keep an eye on him."

"Oh, I'll do it," Jack volunteered. he shot me an evil smirk. "And I'll make sure he knows not to use his dark power on me again."

Oh yea. Fun times. The frozen wind swept by again, closer this time.

"What? What do you want with me?" A chuckle came from over by my fence. Then, he appeared. Same hoodie, same silver/gray hair, and same goddamn smirk. The kid got on my nerves. He always knew the taunts that hurt me the most. My last name, no father, having untrained dark power and not being able to use it.

"I'm just having fun watching your face turn different colors," he replied. What? He pointed his staff at me and I felt a sheet of ice brush my cheeks. Then, it was gone. I ran up to my living room window and looked at my reflection. He had turned my cheeks entirely blue. Oh, that's it. His magic is NO match for my anger. 

I concentrated on my anger and felt the power rise. Jack's eyes widened.

"I don't think so, " and he sent a wave of frozen air, icicles, and ice shards at me. I forced my power out more, trying to set up a shield. It failed. I was hit hard and blasted back across my yard. My shaggy hair fell into my eyes. I flicked it back and stood. I glared at him and started to walk down my street. Why can't I get my power past his? My anger is more powerful than that. I know it is! I have seen it at it's best. I must need angry emotions around me too. So that's why...i'm just like Dad..

Not too long after the Guardians defeated Pitch Black, I realized who I was. I wasn't genetically related to him though. More of a power transfer. He met Mom, talked to her about having another child, and as they talked, I was created. Not like that! More like he took some darkness out of himself, and as they talked about having another kid, they described me, each of them adding their own ideas. When they were done...boom. Insta-kid.

Was I considered evil? By the Guardians, yeah. Jack, most definitely. Did I do anything to kids or have a purpose? Not really. I techinically immortal, but I lead a mortal's life. About 200 years ago I was with my family. My original one. And only ten years ago, I realized who I was. Two years ago, met the Guardians. I've been lonely ever since. I refuse to accept my father's name. I don't want to be known as Jet Black. Feeding off people's emotions, distibuting nightmares. Disgusting. At the same time, I didn't fell like protecting kids. So, I became the lazy, salked-by-Jack, troublemaker. Ironic that it's troublemaker vs. troublemaker.

I felt the wind again.

"Hey! Where do you think you're goin'? Back to your Daddy?" Man! His taunts are annoying! I spotted a group of angry-looking teenagers. Time to test out my theory....

"Shut it, Frost! You may not wanna mess with me right now.." I let the threat linger in the air and sneered at his smirking face.

"Hit a nerve...Don't sneer," he said suddenly, "you look like your Dad when you do that." We got closer to the teens. Almost ready. Almost time to make him fall...

"Good, if I look like my Dad than maybe you will actually pick the fight for once, not me!" I ran towards the teens. Jack raised his staff and shot a huge ice storm blast at me. I quickly tapped into the anger around me and deflected it. Jack's face turned shocked. I sent a wave of dark energy toward him. He went flying. I started laughing and dancing around. I was finally free!

"I kicked Jack Frost's ass! I kicked Jack Frost's ass!" I was so happy I finally showed him. I turned to walk through one of the teenage girls. She was really pretty. Beautiful brown eyes and caramel hair. I walked straight towards her, but she backed up. She stared at me with wide eyes.

'That was Jack Frost?" SHE COULD SEE US?!?!