Chapter Thirty

-

Last night, it was like there was a little switch held deep within my brain, one that offed the anxiety and the fear and the uncontrollable turning and the stress, that was turned on.

And the moment it was, I was deep in sleep yet had felt it, and woke up screaming.

I remember startling Louis to his feet and he came quick to the side of my bed to try and hold me and calm me down. I remember waking up the rest of the house and noticing the blurry faces of Niall and Liam break into our room. They tried holding me down, too, but I was too strong for their grip as I felt my fangs come in and my eyes flash red. I roared.

Lou was the only one who could keep me in my place, but I kept tossing myself away and trying to get him off of me. I kept snapping my jaws and biting and howling and I remember yelling things like, "Get away from me," and "Get off of me," until he let me go and I hopped out of the bed.

My head hurt and I felt certainly nauseous, I couldn't understand this burst of exhilarating anxiety that all of the sudden attacked me, but it made so I couldn't hear anything correctly and I could quite see anything right and I just hurt all over my body.

The last thing of that that I remember is falling to the floor on my hands and knees and covering my ears, because a scream higher and more threatening than mine rung through my ear drums, but only I could hear it. To me, it wasn't only a scream, it was a cry, a certain one that spoke dangerous words that again, only I could hear and understand.

I still don't really know what the scene was about. But what I do know is that moments before that, I was dreaming and the dream had been one of that in the future, and I was hurting people. We were in war and I was attacking and overall killing people.

In the morning, my heart was still beating twice the pace it was meant to.

Louis made me tea. He brought it into my bedroom around 8:00 am when I woke.

He didn't ask me how I was, he didn't ask me what had happened or why I did it, he didn't ask me anything. And he didn't because he already knew. Louis was able to tell my emotions, my actions, my thoughts, and my everything before I even could. He knew what I'd seen last night and he knew of the terrifying and wild ideas that were destroying my mind.

Though he read my mind and there was no need, he let me talk about it. He wanted me to explain to him in words exactly what was happening.

"Werewolves and Vampires don't click. We should be trying to kill each other, Lou, we aren't meant for this and we aren't meant for each other. It's just going to get worse from here- especially hiding both our identities and relationship from paps. This isn't going to work and I'm not sure how either of us can cope.

"I was screaming last night because all I could think of is me hurting you. All I can see in the back of my head for days now is the both of us getting hurt and getting everyone we know hurt, too. I don't think that I have ever been so scared in my entire life." I began feeling the rush again. I saw Louis' eyes tear up. He knew what I was saying was true.

His eyes turned red. He looked as if he were about to explode. His hears looked dry as they ever so slowly drifted down his clear, pale skin.

"I don't think you realize how much I am in love with you. But, because I love you, I want to keep you safe. And your safety is far from me." I sobbed. My heart pounded and it hurt greater than anything ever had before. "I love you, Louis. I have completely fallen in love with you for these past few months."