Chapter 16

Chapter 16

Luis...

(The mirrored wall) 

I led Stephen through my bedroom door and I attempted to steer him towards the bed, but I felt a gentle tug on my hand and I turned to look up at my dynamic man. His intense stare pinned me to the spot where I was standing. The raw lust radiating from his gaze made my blood heat up even more, if he kept looking at me like that, I might spontaneously combust. My crotch already felt full and hot, like my balls were set to boil on a slow simmer. The heat crept up the length of my shaft and caused the mushroomed cap of my cock to throb with my need to find my release.

"Baby, are you okay with us doing this here, in this room?" My sweet man tentatively asked me. I knew immediately what he was alluding to. How considerate was he to worry about my feelings about bringing a man into a room he thought I'd once shared with Jackson. I stepped forward and captured his handsome face in my hands. I tipped up on my toes and gave him a sweet but searing kiss.

"Babe, I don't want you to worry and I don't want to feel uncomfortable in my home. This room is mine and mine alone. Jackson's never shared this room with me." I stated and my stomach twisted a bit with the guilt of not telling this loving man the truth about Jackson and I. I could feel my member deflate a little bit. I attempted to step away from Stephen's big warm body, but those long arms wrapped around my waist.

"Why I am sensing that there is something you are not saying?" He inquired and my heart fluttered. My already upset stomach flipped over completely threatening to empty its meager contents all over the floor.

"Luis, look at me." Stephen said and he placed a thick digit under my chin and raised my flushed face up to his. I had no choice but to look up into his now serious eyes. "Do you trust me?" He asked as he continued to solemnly stare down at me.

I didn't know what to do, I'd anticipated having to take a good look at my feelings for Stephen and our growing relationship. I can honestly say that I have fallen head over heels for this man. I trusted him with my life, but I had made a promise to Jackson. I had sworn never to reveal my late husband's secret to anyone, but how was I supposed to keep that promise and move on into having a healthy relationship with someone else. Do I dare tell this man something that has the power to unravel my entire life and destroy Jackson's memory?

Releasing another heartfelt sigh, I took Stephen by the hand and led him over to the bed. We both sat down the on top of the thick comforter and I turned my body to face him. My erection was long gone, and the heated desire coursing through my blood just moments ago had considerably cooled. This was it, this is my moment of truth. Was I really going to sit here and give this man the power to literally shatter me and my life to pieces if he chooses to use this information against me?

I peeked up at him from underneath my lashes and he was just patiently sitting there waiting for me to answer his question. His face was an unreadable mask and I felt my nerves flutter and sweat popped put across my brow. At this very moment, I resented the hell out of Jackson. The weight of my promise to him felt like an elephant was sitting on my chest, and for the very first time, I questioned our decision to hide the truth about his illness. The farce of our marriage, and all the little white lies along the way to uphold all of it.

"Stephen...God, this is so hard." I started but had to stop to once again gather myself. "I trust you, as a matter of fact, I love you. I don't think that I've ever felt this strongly for someone before this. I know you are probably questioning my statement, seeing it's only been a few months since I have laid my husband to rest." I sighed and picked up his talented surgeon's hands in mine and played with his long elegant fingers.