training naruto #1

Chapter 24: Training Naruto! Pt. 1

-Kana’s POV-

Upon reaching the training grounds with all of Naruto’s equipment…and clothes =_=; I saw that no one was around again. Scanning the area with my own two eyes I saw nothing. Instead of depending on my ninja senses I decided to check the bushes. Walking up to the same bush I set down Naruto’s things next to a tree. Thoroughly checking the bush I ask curiously, “Kana: Hey, Naruto? Where are you?” “Naruto: Psst! Kana, over here!” Checking my surrounding area it sounded like he was close by. Walking under the tree where I last placed his stuff I ask again out loud, “Kana: Where? Over here?” “Naruto: Kana! It’s like I’m up here!” “Kana: Huh? o_o” Looking up I saw Naruto clinging to the top of a branch. My expression soon twisted to befuddle and disbelief as my mouth hanged slightly open with this image: =_=. Curious as to why my stare was now an awkward look Naruto spoke out as he laid on the top of the branch holding on with both arms. “Naruto: H-Hey Kana, Why are you looking at me like that?” Not really wanting to answer his question out loud my thoughts just raced. ‘Kana: Naruto…never sit like that when you’re in a dress. I don’t want to see what’s underneath. >_< ’ “Naruto: Hey, Kana! Are ya there?!” Snapping out of my thoughts I look up meeting Naruto’s gaze once more. “Kana: Ugh, yeah, I’m here. Anyway, Naruto, could you get out of there so we can start training already? We’re burning daylight here.”

“Naruto: GOTCHA!” Shouting with enthusiasm Naruto makes an attempt to jump out the tree, too bad that the fact he was in a dress affected his take off. The fabric caught a slight snag at the side causing him to lose balance. “Naruto: Aaugh!” “Kana: Ah, Naruto!” Acting quickly as Naruto was about to fall head first my body moved to break his fall. In the right position to catch him we both land on the earth filled grass that lied below. Eyes shut from the impact I could only mutter a, “Kana: Ittai (It hurts). Naruto, you okay?” Getting up as we our eyesight was restored he said slowly, “Naruto: Ah (Yeah), what about you?” Face front I respond, “Kana: Yeah, I’m fine.” Now that we could see perfectly fine I noticed that Naruto was only inches above me as his face hovered oh so near. Realizing this; emotion exploded as I felt the blood rush to my face.

-Naruto’s POV-

As the sunlight broke through the trees I noticed that Kana’s face was unusually close while being painted with a tint of pink. Staring into her emerald green orbs I realized the positions that we were both in. Kana was on her back face front staring right at me as my body was only slightly over hers’ returning that same stare. That moment felt like it lasted forever as I felt my blood rush. And with it I felt the racing pump that my heart was going at. Faster and faster it went as we both remained on the forest ground. ‘Naruto: W-Why can’t I look away? I want to move yet something is telling me to stay like this. M-My heart…it’s beating like crazy. What…what’s causing me to act like this?!’ In the background all that was heard were the chirping birds and as each second dropped to the ground a loud thump was heard. As if it shocked her out of transmission Kana moved her head to the side. Her eyebrows were raised as she refused to look me in the eye. Only staring towards the open field that was to my left she timidly spoke. “Kana: N-Naruto, c-could you…get off me now? S-Since I’m your sensei w-we need to get started.”

Returning to reality I apologetically muttered this, “Naruto: Ugh…yeah. Gomen (Sorry), Kana.” Now sitting up Kana was able to lift herself to stand. As Kana slowly walked not looking back I remained on the ground thinking deeply as to what just happened. ‘Naruto: W-What just happened? M-My heart just started racing all of a sudden and my face feels hot. I remember blushing at Sakura-chan and I think she’s really cute, but why is this happening with Kana? I……I …? (Naruto takes a glance at Kana as she searches through the bag that she brought) Well, she is cute, but I really like Sakura-chan.’ Still pondering these thought I was triggered out of it by a voice. Looking in that direction I saw a smiling Kana who was basking in the glowing sunlight. “Kana: Hey, Naruto, c’mon we have training to do.” “Naruto: Huh?” Hearing me state this she walked over with a bag after giving out a happy sigh, like what I could imagine a mother doing. Dropping the bag into my lap as my legs were crossed she playfully stated, “Kana: Don’t worry I won’t look, (cough) not like I’d want to (cough). Anyway just hurry up or I’ll have to work you harder for loss of time.”