Chapter Nine: something sweet, something sour, something tart, something savoury

I woke up and found that I was a bit sick. Wow, hate my life as of now. I sighed and snuggled back into my covers. I don't feel well, I feel really bad in fact. "Ma'am? Are you alright?" "No. Call the school and tell them I won't be at school today. Are my parents still gone?" They have been gone for nearly half a month. "Yes ma'am, they will be arriving next month." Said my maid and left. I sighed and curled up under my duvets and pillows.

~At the Host Club (after school)~

"Hey Haruhi, where's Hina?" Tamaki asked, he was pretty worried, she didn't say she'd be out today. "I was hoping you'd answer that." Haruhi said as they then heard Honey cry out. Apparently he had a cavity and now no sweets weren't aloud in the club. Kyoya couldn't have been happier. "Kyoya, do you know where Hina is?" Haruhi asked and he looked up from his little black book that kept all the information he would need. "No... I thought maybe you did." Kyoya said, he may not show it but he has been happier with Hina around, he liked how strong she was, only around Haruhi and the Hosts but he saw her by herself once or twice, she is better at masking her feelings than he is, it made him both impressed by and pitty her. "She could be sick," Hikaru said, waving it off, "probably nothing to worry about." Kaoru finished with another wave of the hand. Haruhi became fidgety, Haruhi was scared that Hina had the same illness her sister had. Hina and the doctors said that she didn't but Haruhi couldn't help but worry. She didn't want to lose anyone else close to her.

"Hello, is Hina available?" Haruhi asked, she snuck away for a moment. "No, I can give her a message when she wakes up." Said the butler. "Never mind." Haruhi said, she just wanted to hear Hina's voice to make sure she was alright. Haruhi came back and everyone was a bit dismal because of the usual hyped up blonde was now sad and depressed.

The next day, Hina still wasn't at school and Honey tried to sneak candy to the school in his bigger on the inside school bag. ((Tardis bag)) Now everyone was worried for Hina, by everyone, I mean Tamaki and Haruhi. Tamaki has tried to call her but got voice mail every time. He's even tried to visit but the staff refused to let him in to see her. Haruhi has called her and only got voice mail, just like Tamaki. "What happened to Hina?"

~Hina~

I got up in the morning, feeling well enough to go to school, I checked my phone, I turned it off because if I woke up I wouldn't be able to go back to sleep. 167 missed calls? I sighed and placed it into my bag before I took a shower and got dressed in a tank top and a pair of fuzzy on the inside sweats. I didn't feel that much better but I've missed enough so, I might as well dress for the part. I pulled a hoodie over my hair and pulled my hair into a bun at the back of my head. Pulling on my running shoes as I walked out of my room and grabbed a slice of toast for my breakfast before calling the driver.

I got to school but only in time for the club activities. I sighed and kept my bag in the car seeing how I wouldn't need it. I walked up to the club room in time to see Honey running out and Tamaki following. I walked behind them and bent down to his height. "Honey, what happened?" Tamaki's eyes were wide. "Takashi's being a big idiot!" He said and I shook my head, "if I know my cousin she'll get the reason out, let's listen in." I said and picked him up. He may be a third year but I can't help but see him as a young child. "It's all my fault, I don't know what I'll do if he has to get fake teeth." I opened the door and Honey rushed to Mori, tears in his eyes. I smiled and leaned on Tamaki's shoulder, feeling happy, tiered, and a bit achy. Tamaki wrapped an arm around my shoulders as we watched the Host Club, no one noticed us as we smiled, like proud parents. "So where have we been?" Tamaki whispered, he tugged me away from the club room and we started down the hall. "I've been feeling bad so I took a bit off of school." I said as we pulled me out a side door and into the hydrangea garden. "You could have answered my calls." He pouted as I rubbed the back of my neck, "yeah, sorry. It wasn't on." He starred at me for a long time before reaching over and taking my hair down. "You should wear your hair like that more often." He said and handed my back my hair band. I ran a hand through my hair and shrugged, "I really don't like how my hair looks... I was thinking to cut it again." He shook his head and took a lock of my hair in his fingers and brought it to his lips. "No, I like your hair. Keep it?" My heart did another back flip and I ruffled his hair, "pulling the Host moves on me Tam-Tam?" I said and he shook his head, "no, I just know that asking works on you." I giggled and nodded, "alright, I'll keep it for you." I said and took his hand and pulled him back to the club, "I've missed my cousin and the guys." I said and pulled him along. When we got there Haruhi jumped on me and I fell back. "Never worry me like that again." She said and I smoothed down her hair, "I'm sorry... I'll try not to." "She was only gone two and a half days Haruhi, it's not like she'd die of sickness." Kaoru and Hikaru said and my gripped tightened on her, I felt a tear roll down her cheek. "I'll be around for a lot more years. Don't you worry Haruhi." I whispered and hugged her tighter. "Did we say something wrong?" They asked and I looked down to Haruhi. "There's something we need to tell you."