Shadow's Diary

6th April 2013

Well, I can’t say that I’m the best chap around, but I definitely descend from no ordinary lineage. According to the Litter Registration at the Kennel Club Of India, I was born on first October two thousand nine.

My Great Grandparents

Paternal–Champion Gallivan & Champion Sweet Caramel

 Maternal – Allendale.S.Leonardo & Allendale.S.Black Magic

My Grandparents          

Paternal – Champion Boradors & Allendale Eureka S Jewel    Maternal – Hallorn S Einstein & Kaithy S Xanadu

My Parents                

 Father – Eureka S Batesville & Mother – Maria

**************************************************

 Now, with that much info as my brief introduction, I’m quite certain, we’ll bond better in the pages to come.

To begin with, I am a four year old male golden Labrador Retriever, born to an Ango-Indian couple - Eureka S Batesville, my dad, and Maria my mom. The youngest among my six siblings, I’m the most tender and lovable one too. Perhaps that’s the reason I ended up where I am today. I came wrapped in a red satin ribbon, as a valentine gift to my foster parents’ young and lovely daughter, Cherry. And ever since, I can’t stop feeling proud of myself!

I’m a born foodie. No no no, (that’s an understatement) – a glutton, to be more precise.  Sometimes I think I’m part mouse, part cow, part sheep and part pig – the way I stuff myself with anything and everything that comes my way! I need something to munch on, all the time!

I hate commands unless there are strong incentives like a chunk of sausage or a cube of cheese. I know the obvious ones of course — “sit,” “stay,” “up,” “salute.” roll over,

I respond to “ball” and “food” and “bone” and “treat” like nobody’s business.

Nothing opens up my five senses like little pieces of hot dog and cheese balls.

My feeding schedules are very very flexible: I gorge on Royal Canine thrice a day - once about seven in the morning, at three in the afternoon and again at six in the evening. Before and after every meal, I love to snack on buttered toasts, boiled eggs, nuts and fruits.

I’m a confirmed bachelor by choice however I sometimes fantasise on Judy – an elegant German Shepherd, Yippie- a petite Beagle and Liza- a charming Cocker Spaniel.

Nurtured under the intensive care of my family from the Armed forces, I have had the time of my life! So here’s a salute and a tribute to them in my words. Well, every dog has his day but it cannot be better than mine!

  - Shadow