Chapter 3

Chapter Three

Zoey

I have rested for a while now, and I am just crazy bored. Therefore, I decided I would wander the house. When I find Grandpa or Dad, I will ask if I can go for a run or something. Well, speak of the devil...

"Hey, pops." I smile at Grandpa. His lips are in a straight line and his eyebrow rises.

"Pops aye?" I smile again.

"Yeah, it's brief. Right?"

"Sure thing, Zo." I snicker at his nickname. He doesn't realize that is what my friends used to call me all the time.

"Can I go out?" I ask. I'm trying to go for a run to the city to see what they have there. Anything is better than being bored here.

"Sure but stay out of the woods and no running around in your wolf form. You haven't asked to join the pack yet, and we don't want any accidents." He shutters while thinking of something. Who knows?

"Sure pops. I am going to go change for a sec, then if you see Dad will you tell him I will be back later?"

"Okay, darling." He winks at me as if he knows my secret then continues on his way.

I, on the other hand, rush upstairs to find something to wear. I decided I will wander around until I find the city and then I will see what there is out there to do. I pull off the clothes that I have been wearing all day and pull on a pair of strategically ripped jeans along with a tight black halter-top. I leave my hair in a messy ponytail and pull on my black boots.

I rush out the door shoving money into my back pocket, which Grandpa had slipped me. Before Dad can stop me, I hurry down the stairs. I didn't realize when I arrived here that Grandpa's house is surrounded by forest, just daring my wolf to come out and run through the trees. Ah, screw it. I run down the street at a moderate pace turning toward the left at the end. Toward the lights of what must be the city.

Sure enough, when I top the hill I can see the city just about a mile away. I slowed my pace considerably since I came upon the city, so I didn't look too suspicious. I now can hear blaring music and a thrumming beat. I have got to go check it out!

As I neared the lovely sound of the rock beat that was thumping in my ears, I noticed people lined up along a wall. It's a club. There is a velvet rope to keep those people back that have to wait their turn to get in. Gathering my confidence, I saunter past as guys begin to whistle behind me and girls complain and scream that I need to go to the back of the line.

The bouncer at the door is a big man. His head is cueball bald and looks like it has been spit-shined. His muscles are bulging out of his shirt and begging for release. Yet he is quite a bit older than the average population here, maybe in his forties.

"Hey hot stuff, you come to dance tonight?" His voice is rough and scary, this is the perfect job for him, I think to myself.

I flick a strand of hair that has fallen in my face, tucking it behind my ear as I reach up and rub his muscled bicep. "You got it, big guy. How about I skip the line?"

"Sure thing, babe." He smiles as he pushes the door open for me.

"Thanks, sweetie, see you later." I smile seductively at him as I blow him a kiss. Men are so easy to manipulate.

Inside the music is pumping and I can't help but sway my hips to the glorious sound as I walk toward the bar. The bartender, a cute guy with shaggy black hair flopping down against his cheeks, leans forward and asks if he can get me anything.

"Sure. Ah... strawberry daiquiri wine cooler." I smile at the thought. I am only eighteen but I'm sure this cute guy is never going to consider asking. He smiles and chuckles as he walks away for a moment then returns with the pinkish-red liquid in a long-stemmed round glass.

"On the house tonight, beautiful." He winks. I'm not interested, but I smile back accepting the drink as I begin sipping the sweet liquid.

When the song I just can't resist comes on, I put down my empty glass and make my way out to the dance floor. I am surrounded by girls dancing and grinding up against a guy or two. Swishing my hips, I notice the lights flash, allowing you only a glimpse of your actual surroundings. I am relaxed, yet energetic, as this place reminds me of being home with my friends and drowns out the thoughts in my head.

I can smell werewolves all over this place, but I don't care. I don't think I can smell a single human around. When the song finishes, I make my way back to the bar. The bartender smiles again and hands me another drink. This one is a lot stronger than the first, so I drink it down.

Every few songs I make my way back and drink the bitter liquid the bartender pours, soon the room is spinning and I'm feeling the effects of the drinks. I make my way out to the dance floor one last time.

My body is pulsating with the rhythm when I feel big masculine hands on my hips. Sparks fly between our bodies. It's an eerie feeling and yet it doesn't hurt, it feels good, good; it's like how a person would get shocked from rubbing a balloon against their hair. His hands pull me back slamming my backside into him. Yet I still dance. I grind on him with the beat.

His breath is hot and I can feel the light stubble on his jaw as his face is pressed into my neck. Yet I still can't see him. I lift one hand to his head and grasp his medium short length floppy hair in my hand and a smile makes its way onto my lips as he groans. His hands slide up and down my sides, and he grasps hold of me tighter.

I can feel him getting aroused from my erotic dancing but I continue anyway. It is his fault for joining me. He growls in my ear when my rhythm stops, my hips stop moving, and I am no longer grinding on him as a new song begins. I pry myself free from his hands and begin to walk away, but he grabs a hold of my hips once again.

"Songs over, big boy." I smile and push him off. I make my way to the bar for another drink. I can hear his growl loud and clear as I continue walking. It is obvious somebody isn't used to being turned down.

"Who did you piss off?" the friendly bartender asks, curiously.

"Oh... I don't know just some guy I was dancing with."

"I would be careful if I were you, I think he's stomping this way."

I turn to notice a tall and gorgeous, yet dangerous, looking guy with dark perfectly disheveled messy hair. His body is toned and well-defined muscles threaten to burst through his sleeves. I see the slight stubble along his jaw that I had felt earlier. His eyes are wild with fury and his lips are compressed in a straight line as he huffs in my direction. I yelp, then tell the bartender goodbye and make my way through the crowd of people.

This time instead of taking my sweet time walking home, I ran at top speed. My feet hit the pavement and I dash between buildings. I don't hear him following; heck, I don't even think he followed me past the door of the club. As my feet hit the porch, shutting the door behind me, I breathe a heavy breath of relief.