Chapter 33.

**Niall's POV***

We sat quietly around the large glass table. The silence was probably from the confusion everyone had, as to why Troy and his friends were even stepping foot in to our summer home. It is understandable, but it has to be done. Emilee and Kayla got back an hour ago, and something must have went wrong considering the evil looks I am getting from Kayla at the very moment, her eyes bore into me and it looked like she wasn't even blinking. As for Em, she won't even come near me let alone talk to me. I guess we'll have to fix that later.

"So does anyone know when these assholes are coming?" Harry speaks up, I turn to answer but I'm cut off from the front door swinging open.

"Honey I'm home!" Troy's sarcasm fills the house and m hands instantly wrap around my beer even tighter. Let's just get this the fuck over with.

We all stand up and give handshakes and hello's to everyone. Then I spot him. His tan skin stands out next to the girl around his waist. And his long black hair is fixed into some type of braids. I nod at him and he returns it, he is still as silent as I remember him.

"I'll start the food, is everyone good with ribs?" Liam calls out from the kitchen, my jaw sets waiting for someone else to answer. Troy only smiles and skims the room with his beady eyes.

"Sounds perfect mate!" I watch Emilee roll her eyes and get up, I start to follow her but I'm cut off again when someone grabs my forearm.

"We need to talk." Kayla's voice is hard, I turn to her and for a moment I think of how annoying she is, but she' Em's friend so I smile nicely down at her.

"Sure what's up?" She begins to pull me up the stairs and I can't help but think how fucking weird this is. What is her problem?

We get to the end off the hallway near the rooms and she finally turns around. I look down at her and raise a eyebrow telling her to spill whatever she seems so pissed about.

"I know." Is all she says. Knows what?

"What do you 'know'?" I mimic her attitude which doesn't please her. She breathes in heavily and smooths her blonde hair down.

"I know about you Horan, I know everything. And all I have to say is if you put Emilee in the slightest bit of fucking danger you better hope to God the cops find you before I do. I will make prison seem like a fucking joke for you." Her voice was low as if she was trying to hide her words from everyone downstairs, but by the strain in her voice I could just tell she was holding back a scream. I'm not scared she'll tell anyone because personally I couldn't care less, tell them for fucks sake, Emilee was the only reason I wasn't opening up to them yet.

"Well I'm glad she told you." I looked down at her and her expression didn't change. "At least she doesn't have to hide that from you anymore." Kayla scoffed and my eyes wandered to the white floors counting tile after tile I waited for her to speak up.

"When we get home, this ends. I noticed how much she's changed in the past month or so. She's been drinking more, I mean a lot more." I look up at her and she still has her eyes glued to me, her fists were as white as the floors. I waited for her to continue.

"She would barely ever drink before you came along, and the bags under her eyes get deeper every morning, I can tell how much stress she's been put through and she doesn't even realize it because she's fucking head over heels for you!" By the end of her rant her voice was a yell, rising with every breath she took. I didn't bother to argue back because I knew what she was saying was true.

"I'm doing my best with what I can. I'm not denying any of it. But I do care for her, and I will protect her through all of this." My voice is still low in fear of someone overhearing, Kayla is long past that worry. But her face does soften at my words, only a little.