RIASS Chapter 8

Melony’s POV

            That Monday I rode to school with the guys. I got out of the car and saw Nick leaning against some pickup truck with Kyle, Jason, and some other guy. He had a leather jacket on and he looks about 6 foot 2. He had dark eyes and dark brown hair. He was built too. Nick started giving me a glare and he held it for a long while. Until the guy with the leather jacket started staring at me and smirking. I glared at him back which caught him by surprise as he looked away.

            “Come on Mel!” Skandar yells from in front of me I jog a little and catch up to them.

            “Who’s that in the leather jacket?” I ask looking over by them.

            He looks at him and glares he immediately returns it.

            “That’s David isn’t it?” I ask looking at him as he nods in return and keeps walking.

I get to my locker with Jackson and Jaren and grab my books and head to my first hour class. I take a seat next to Kacey and notice something I never noticed, David was in this class. I could feel the tension between him and Jackson who’s sitting two tables behind me.

I got out my homework and Kacey helped me on algebra since it’s the hardest thing to ever understand. I look over at Jackson as he talks to his friends but always glimpsing over at me every few minutes to make sure I’m still alive. I get annoyed of it and mouth the words “I’m fine.” He nods and stops checking on me.

            The next few hours went by fast until I got into my Agriculture class. That’s when I see him come in the class room. He was still wearing that idiotic leather jacket even though we were inside. I don’t look in his direction until he sets his stuff next to me and sits down. The problem was about this class is that Jackson, Jaren, Skandar, or even Kacey weren’t in it so I had nowhere to hide.

            “Hey, sweetheart.” He says looking over at me I just ignore him and act like he’s not even here.

            “Oh, so you heard. Well they spoiled all the fun.”

            I give him the biggest glare and look away.

            “Ooh, your cute when you’re mad.”

            “Just leave me alone alright?” I say in annoyance.

            “Or what, are you going to send your big brothers after me? Ooh I’m so scared.” He says with a smirk.

            “It’s not them you should be afraid of.” I say looking him straight in the eye. He looks a little stunned by my comment but he immediately shrugs it off with a look of amusement.

            “Look sweetheart, if I get my money you won’t have to worry about me, but if I don’t then someone will have to pay the price.”

            “Your just a bad boy loser who seriously isn’t that attractive with a pea sized brain and way to large of an ego for someone walking around like Danny from grease.”

             “You better watch what you say sweetheart or things could get ugly.”

            “Well by the looks of your face it already was.”

            He glares at me as the bell rings signaling for us to go to our next class. I get out of the classroom and let my fear get to me after holding it in for that long.

What am I doing? Why am I nagging him on? My stupid big mouth keeps getting the best of me and my sarcastic mind. Didn’t he deserve it though after what he put the guys through? My mind is going through all these things and is starting to give me a headache.

I head back to my locker but my stuff gets knocked down on my way up the hall. I look up to the face and see Nick laughing as he gives Jason a high five. Until his smile goes away as he rushes down the hall. I look behind me and see a glaring Jaren. Wow, he can look evil when he’s mad.

I kneel down to get my stuff and Jaren does the same. “You know what I’ve had enough of that twerp.” He says as he smirks at me.

“You’re not the only one.” I say with a smirk.

“What do you have next.”

“History.”

“Okay, I’ll walk you to your locker.” He says as we start walking down the hallway. He rubs my head like a little kid. I smile and tell him to stop it.

            I’m surprised he hasn’t noticed the fear in my eyes from what just happened with his sixth sense in all.

            “Are you okay?”

            I spoke to soon.

            “Yeah, I’m fine.” I say ignoring his eyes.

            “Look at me.” He says grabbing my arm and stopping me in the hallway. “What Happened?”

            “Later, okay?” I’m pleading with my eyes now.

            He nods and let’s go of me as we head to our lockers.

            I head to my History class and it goes by fairly fast sitting by Kacey. We headed to lunch and got in line. David was standing behind us with Nick. I felt my back get poked over and over again.

            “Will you stop trying to be idiots and stop?” I turn around and snap. Nick raises his hands in surrender and I turn back around. I feel cold breathe rest on my neck then hear a faint whisper. “See you Saturday.”

            I turn to face him and see David smirking at me. What was he talking about? If they brought the money they were going to leave me alone. Or was that a lie? What was going on? I was scared but I wasn’t going to show them that so I just walked up to him and whispered.

            “In your dreams.”

            He gave me a smile of amusement as I looked away.

I see Skandar walking towards us as he budges in front of David and Nick in order to get by me. He looks at me and says, “you okay?”

            “Yeah, I’m fine.” I say as he stares at David.

            David just smiles at him a cocky smile.

            “You leave her alone.” Skandar says to David.

            “Skandar, I’m fine.”

            David smirks at us and says. “Yeah Skandar, she’s fine, for now.”

            Skandar glares at David looking like he’s about to attack him and go all animal on him. All I can think of is how hot it would be. What am I saying?

            “Look, Skan, I’m fine really, so relax.” I walk towards David and say “And you leave me alone I don’t even know you and you don’t know what I’m capable of.”

            He glares at me as I grab my tray and the lunch lady starts dishing up my food.