Lycae Tribe Chapter Three

Chapter three

Sam had been my father for many years now since that night.

I took my duffel bag and headed out into the clearing. When I got out to the clearing hardly anyone was in sight but a few. The ones I did see looked over at me and nodded with respect and went into their tents. I got to the shack and I saw a pair of glowing blue eyes from behind the bush beside my new sleeping quarters. I heard a familiar laugh then and I couldn’t keep from laughing with him. He came out of the bush and came towards me.

“Hi Morgan. How are you?” he asked me. “Good, but not great and how are you Damien?”I asked him.

Damien had been my best friend since I became part of the pack when I was turned at age 12. He has black hair, a fair tan like most werewolves do, pretty blue eyes, and is 16 years old. “Not so bad but I am confined to the camp until my arm heals. Normally it would heal within a few minutes but another wolf bit me with his teeth so it won’t heal for a day or two.”

As I went to the door of my shack I heard a cough behind me. I turned around and it was Max. Max is the most gorgeous guy in the pack. He has blond hair, green eyes that shine like diamonds , and is 17 years old. Plus he is really smart. “ Hi Max.” I said. “ Hey Morgan or do I mean my highness. How are you settling in being Alpha? You know you’re the first Alpha female this Tribes ever had!?” he said excitedly. Ya, he knows our Tribes history too.  “Ya I know its all kinda been in fast forward ever since Sam..” I could hear my voice crack when I said his name. I will not cry, I will not cry in front of my pack, I have to be strong, just like daddy told me, I told myself.

“ Well I’ll leave you two alone now, bye Morgan see you at sunrise. Bye Max.”. You could hear the venom in Damien’s voice. He queezed my shoulder then left. Does Damien hate Max that much? I asked myself. I knew Damien disliked him but I didn’t know he hated him. Maybe I’m just reading into things.

“Well I’ll see you at sunrise Max. I have to put my stuff away.” I told him. “Ok then Morgan. I can’t wait to hear who you choose to be the new Beta. Bye!” he called over his shoulder as he was walking away. I had totally forgotten I had to name the new Beta. It was Tribe custom to name them at sunrise or the leader was to step-down. Who am I going to choose? Ugh I hate deadlines! This is going to be so hard!! I said to myself for the third time. Everyone here was worthy of the title of Beta. It was a great honour to be named Beta. I should know. I was chosen before Sam died. I could feel the tears running freely down my cheeks. I hurried inside and ran straight to the bedroom and grabbed my teddy bear I had in my bag. I jumped in the bed and hugged it hard. Sam was gone and I would never know what he said he had to tell me. The room smelt just like him, and the sheets still carried his scent. I cried until late in the night when I finally found sleep.