Chapter 3

Sophie’s Pov

“SOPHHHHHHHHHHH!” I could hear a very excited Lauren yell out for me from across the room.

“Hi Lauren” I laughed. I felt a pair of arms wrap around me and Lauren hugged me tightly. I groaned and pushed her away jokily.

“Missed me that much?” she said sarcastically at the fact that I pushed her away.

“very much” I laughed joking back. 

She took my arm and led me to the restaurant. I took place in my seat and Sheba laid down next to me on the ground next to the table.

Lauren and Steven started talking about their day and what they had done so far till Suddenly there were 2 male voices screaming.

“OMG LOOK HARRY” one of them yelled.

“OMG WHAT A CUTE DOG” the other one with the low slow voice screamed. Which I guess belonged to a guy names Harry since the other guy was probably to his friend.

I heard footsteps coming closer towards us but I just kept looking at my plate, covering my face with my hair. I admit I am a really shy person, and I have all the reasons to be, how can I know how people see me if  I can’t even see myself.

Even though I didn’t really saw what was on my plate I started eating what’s on it, trying to act like I wasn’t effected by what’s happening around me.

Lauren and Steven kept talking about their day so far, ignoring the guys who had screamed as well, just like I was doing.

But I didn’t really pay any attention to the conversation between Lauren and Steven either, I didn’t really interest me, I still don’t think it’s fair! My mom allows them to work and I can’t. okay maybe I am blind and they aren’t but still! They have the same age as me.

“guys! Leave the dog alone okay?” A familiar voice suddenly spoke up from what sounded awfully close by.

That voice!

It was familiar. I’ve heard it before.

it was..

It was Liam’s voice! Yeah Liam from earlier in the elevator.

Suddenly I noticed that Lauren had stopped talking. Well that’s concerning… Lauren never stops talking unless something is really shocking her and even then she can’t shut up for a minute.

“Hi… Sophie” Liam’s voice spoke up. I looked around. Not knowing where he was standing. Embarrassing again. I hated this! I hated being the awkward and weird person. I didn’t really have something against being blind cause I never knew how it was if I could actually see, but I just hated the moments that made me feel insecure. I felt a warm hand slip into mine, He took my hands and pulled me up from my seat gently.

“errrr… we… got to get back to work” Lauren stated suddenly and I could already imagine a huge smile spreading across her face.

“No, we don’t” Steven stated sternly. 

Ow great he is going to be overprotective again. It’s not like I have something going on with this Liam guy. Yeah Steven is like a big protective brother to me. But I love him to bits!

“Steven come on” Lauren growled at him and I knew she was pulling Steven with her, wanting to leave me with Liam, and I already knew that I would have to tell her all the ‘details’ later on tonight.