Six - How I Really Feel

Six • How I Really Feel

"We're back!" I yell enthusiastically, opening the door of Johns house.

"Brought back the cream?" Paul asks, eating a ham sandwich as he sits on the sofa lazily.

"Yep. Where's John?" my voice a bit edgy at saying Johns name, remembering what happened earlier. "He's out on the balcony. Cooling off his head over something he won't tell me," Paul complains, completely crossed about it.

Me and George begin to share glances with each other. We both knew why he was being this way, and we have to clear this out soon.

"Let me talk to him," George volunteers, walking closer to the staircase.

"No, let me. After all, I was the one who started this all." I persuade George, walking over to him.

He shakes his head and was adamant of me to not talk to John. He begins to block my way to go up the rigid staircase where the balcony was at.

"C'mon, George. I'm the one made this mess--"

"None of this was your fault. John just had some issues going on at the moment. Please, let me talk to him." George persuades me, taking ahold of my numb fingers.

I couldn't hesitate. I was a bit afraid to face John, considering that I made his blood boil for no apparent reason. I hadn't even known what I'd done to make him have cold blood on me.

Slowly, George lets go of my hands and pleads one more time, "Please," his eyes were a dark chocolate color, begging me to say yes to him. Damn, he wins.

"Okay, okay. But please promise me not to make him angry like before." I was a bit worried of what might happen if George talked to John.

To be honest, John wasn't the type of guy to be patient and all. He's the head-on, straightforward type in my opinion. I just wish that this time, John would be able to cooperate with George peacefully.

"Yes, I'll make sure he'll keep a cool head an' all. Excuse me," George excuses himself from the living room, walking up the narrow stairs of the house. I throw him a quick worried glance, he returns the favor.

I hope that George can straighten this up once and for all.

•••

George

"What do you want?" John asks me coldly, sitting on one of the chairs that stood on the balcony.

"I'd like to speak with ye," I reply with a stoic expression. I need to clear this once and for all; for Yanna.

"Please, you're the last person I'd like to speak with." He says simply, staring emptily at the gray thin sky.

"John, I know tha reason why you're being this way. Let me just talk to ye."

"You know the reason? How could tha' be possible. I don't even know why I'm actin' this way myself. This is the first time, even." John replies truthfully, his eyes still fixated on the shadowed sky, filled with dust colored clouds.

"I have a theory," I say softly, unaware of what I had said.

"Shoot then. Tell me, George, why have I been so cocky these past few days?" John asks mockingly, clapping both his hands sarcastically.

I breathe in, and exhale afterwards, taking a seat next to John. "Don't even try denying what I say, alright?"

"Yeah, yeah."

John waits for my reply, his elbow pressed on the dust covered table. His gaze directed on me entirely. I look at him, then look at the sky. I didn't want to say it, because I'm afraid of the chances of him saying "yes" to it.