Chapter 18: First Quidditch match

After a long week of endless homework and countless catastrophes (someone almost blew up Neville's toad, and it totally wasn't me) it was finally time for the first quidditch match, against Hufflepuff. Haha, this will be easy. I mean it's Hufflepuff for crying out loud! Except it wasn't as easy as I thought.

"Pass the quaffle here Anna! Here!" I hurriedly flung the ball in his direction but the Hufflepuff chaser pulled it from his grasp. She laughed and flew further away, dunking it in the goal hoop. "Who's that?" I asked Flint. "Her name is Rowena, Rowena LeStrange. A fifth year." He replied. "She's quite good." I nodded. "Obviously." I say. "Get back in the game Dragone!" He shouted as Hufflepuff gets another goal. I sigh, blowing a piece of hair out of my face. After another goal scored by Hufflepuff and one goal by Slytherin the snitch is caught and Hufflepuff wins. After the game Harry and Malfoy are waiting outside, glaring at each other. "Can't you two get along? For me?" I ask. "No!" They say at the exact same time. "Well then that's settled." I say. We walk back to the castle meeting up with Hermione and Ron. "I can't believe we lost to Hufflepuff! Of all houses!" I shout in anger. "Sounds like we got a sore loser over in Slytherin." I whip around. The Hufflepuff chaser is standing right behind us. She has long messy brown hair and tortoise shell glasses. "Names Rowena. I had an awesome time winning today. We should do it again sometime." She says with a laugh. "I'm just kidding. What are your names?" She asks Harry curiously. "I'm Anna, and these are Harry, Ron, Hermione, and Malfoy. "
"Hello!" Hermione says.
"We have History of Magic together I believe?"
"Oh yes, we do. You helped with the essay on goblin/wizard wars once. Remember?"
"Yes, I do recall that. That was quite the complicated essay, wasn't it? See, the trick for..." Hermione launched into one of her speeches but I zoned out, bored. We walked up to the Great Hall and all sat at the Hufflepuff table. Malfoy looked incredibly embarrassed and kept looking around to see if anyone was watching. "Relax Malfoy, stop worrying about your ultra ego and have fun." I tell him. He forces a grin. Rowena's friend from Ravenclaw sat with us as well. She had long braided blonde hair and her name was Arabella Lockhart. She was a second year. She was quite pretty actually. She enjoyed reading. Typical. But she was pretty cool. Rowena went on about how she loves Hogwarts and how nervous she is about her OWLs.