I'm the queen of an academy and engaged to the king? Part 4

Chelsea

September passed without any more events. I've been dating Jeff for half a month now, and he's really sweet to me. Mason avoids me most of the time, which bothers me a lot. Why? I wouldn't know. Halloween is coming up soon, and the director wants us to plan an event for all the students. I'm sitting in my room listening to music and doing homework when Ian pops his head into my room and says, "Mason wants a meeting to discuss what we should do for the Halloween event. Come on." Of course, Mason himself won't come get me. "All right, let's go." I put down my iPod, and follow Ian into our temporary office in Mason's room.

Mason's room is surprisingly very clean for a guy. There are no clothes strewn all across the floor and the bed is made. He's sitting at his desk when Ian and I walk in. Eli is already there, sitting on the floor. I plop down on Mason's bed, and Ian sits next to Eli on the floor.

Mason begins, "So, the director wants a Halloween event to unite the students. I was thinking a haunted house and a fair. Anyone have any ideas?" For the record, I love Halloween. It's something about the dressing up and running around that makes me really excited. Suddenly, I get a great idea, "How about a Test of Courage?" Eli looks up at this idea, and asks, "That sounds fun!" Ian laughs nervously. I get the idea that he's not very fond of scary things. Mason agrees to the idea, and then we start discussing the funds for the event. "The director is allowing us $1000 dollars to plan this. I'm thinking of renting a haunted house for $300, spending $400 on the booths, and the rest for the Test of Courage. Sounds good, everyone?" Eli suggests that we let each homeroom class build their own booth, and split the $400 among them evenly. Ian just goes along with what everyone says. Mason starts again, "All right then. We have the activities planned. I'll be in charge of the haunted house. Eli and Ian can keep track of the class booths, and Chelsea and lead the Test of Courage."

With that, the Halloween Event starts. Everyone is busy for the next two weeks planning the events. The Haunted House is coming along well, and every class is working hard to make their booths fun. For the Test of Courage, I recruited a few students to dress up and scare the participants. Jeff and Stephanie helped me. We were dressing up as ghosts, zombies, mummies, and ghouls. The plan was to have everyone pair up and go walk in the woods behind the academy. A path was prepared and decorated accordingly.

On the night of the Halloween event, I was getting ready as a ghost. I was wearing a white dress with ripped ends, letting my hair down, and making my face white. I walked around to look for Jeff. He's supposed to be in his homeroom helping, but when I went there to look for him, he wasn't there. I wandered around into the library. There, I heard someone moaning. I walked toward the sound, to discover whispering. "Amy, it's okay, come on!" "Mmm!" "Jeff!" What? Did I hear right? A girl said 'Jeff.' "Jeff!" Again! I peered around the corner, and gasped. It was Jeff. With a girl. He was making out with a girl. His hand was up her shirt and she was moaning his name. The slut. I just stared at them unbelievingly. Suddenly, Jeff noticed me standing there. His eyes went wide. "Oh my gosh, Chelsea! It's not what it looks like! It's not!" I was just completely shocked.

I turned around and ran. I ran and ran until I was out of breath, and then I sat down, and cried. I don't know how long I was sitting there, until the door opened. I realized I was sitting inside a classroom. I looked up, and guess who walked in? Mason. He took one look at me, and just got down and hugged me. I was still crying. "H-he Jeff w-w-was k-kissing this blonde a-and I s-s-saw them." "It's okay, Chelsea. It's okay. He's a jerk. He doesn't deserve you. It's okay" We just sat like that until I stopped crying. I laughed. "I can't believe I was so stupid. I never want to see him again." "It's okay. Let's not talk about him. But... I hate to say this, but the Halloween Fair is starting. You feel up to going?" "Hahaha, yeah. I feel much better.. but I don't want to see Jeff alone. Um... Will you come to the Test of Courage with me?" Mason took out his phone and called Eli, "Hey Eli, man, will you go watch the Haunted House for me? Chelsea is a mess and I'm going to go to the Test of Courage with her. ...All right. Thanks man. I owe you one."

We were at the Test of Courage a moment later. I quickly made Mason dress up as a ghost with me, and we went to my position. We waited there until people came by, and jumped out at them. I had to admit that I did a great job. The place was amazingly scary. I turned around to Mason, and laughed. My eyes met his, and we were quiet for a moment. Then, slowly he brought his lips to mine, and we kissed for the second time. He ran his tongue along my lower lip, and pulled away. We looked at each other and laughed. "Hey Mason." "Yeah?" "I think I like you." "Oh? Well, I think I like you too." I laughed, and we kissed again.