Prologue

This story has been written way, way, way back. Way back when I had finished Promi, SH and other stories I've put down to paper. Err, to the other website. Yung iba nga hindi ko na po nilagay dito. Kasi as I've re-read them, ngayon ko lang narealize ang daming grammatical errors. Highschool na highschool hehe. Anyways, I know, this is a cliche of a story. But I guess once upon a time I tried putting my hands on this kind of tear-me-up-love genre. Enjoy!

The Other Woman

“Will you kiss me after you lie to me?”

Are you willing to take the risk and spend your life

                                 for a few stolen moments,

                                                for shared fervent kisses,

                                                                and for a once-remembered embrace?

even if it was a love….

                                                                                                                                                that was never meant to be?

She is afraid of the past. He fears the future. Two people both holding on to the present.

Will they ever make it in between if there’s always something… someone that puts them apart?

Will they play the game that is bound to test the dictates of the society?

Can she be his other woman?

How many times did I try to walk away? And when was the last time did I walk back? He grabbed my arm as I looked out of the vast ocean. I wished we were in a different world. In a different time. In a different circumstance.

“Are you mending a broken?” He gave me that dimpled smile that brought warmth to my insides. I shook my head as I stared at the strong hand that gripped my arm. It was like he was never going to let me go ever.

“No.” It was too cliché. This voyage wasn’t meant to piece my heart together. I was looking for something. But I found much more… more than I could take with me.

“I’m a lost soul finding her way.” I whispered. I slowly tugged my hand free as emotions flood through his face. I raised my hand to cup his cheek only to put it back on my side. I didn’t have to define the word wrong to know what we are doing. And where we are going.

“Then let me guide you.”

“We started the wrong way.”

He nodded. His soulful eyes were solemn as he saluted and turned around. I was going to walk away also, wasn’t I? It should be this way. But he whipped about and strode toward me. My heart started pounding loud in my chest.

“Hello lady, I’m Lloyd and you are?” He extended his hand toward me. I looked at it. I felt my eyes getting misty. Even if how many times we begin it would always end up the same way.

Because it was over even before we started.