Chapter 5

Chapter 5: Mistakes and Apologies

Alpha Cole's POV

Two days had pasted since the incident in the dinning room and two days since I had last seen my mate. She had stayed locked up in our room, refusing to let me or anyone enter that wasn't Monica.

My wolf kept whimpering and begging for me to go see her but I wouldn't. I'm an Alpha and alpha's do not apologize. "We need our mate! Apologize!" My wolf chanted.

"No!" I growled back, resting my head in my hands. My wolf growled back before going silent.

I smiled and heard a knock on the door. "Come in!" I yelled, continuing to finish writing up the treaty for the Crescent Moon pack.

"What's got you in a good mood?" A familiar voice said, chuckling. I looked up and saw Monica leaning against the doorway with two red folders.

"The fact that my wolf has finally stopped whimpering," I answered and listened to the sound of her heels click as she neared my desk.

"Maybe he misses Scarlett." Monica handed me the two red folders and took a seat in one of the chairs in front of my desk. "Those are the profiles of our next two business associates and their companies."

I nodded and placed the folders on top of my laptop. "How's the baby? You know after what happened," I asked, feeling slightly guilty about what happened to her.

Monica was forced to know about the world of the supernatural and have Chris find out that he was going to be a father in such an awful time.

"The baby's fine. The doctor said that since the baby is part wolf, the process is going to go a lot quicker. I have three months left and next month I get to know what the gender is."

"Is Chris still angry with you? Have you talked?" I shifted in my seat, knowing this was a rough topic for Monica especially after what he did.

Flashback....

I stood outside of the hospital with some of the pack members and Scarlett. I tried to talk with her but she wouldn't even look at me. I kept to myself, waiting to hear what the doctor had to say when I heard yelling.

"How could you not tell me?!"

"I was planning to tell you but not like this!" The familiar voice of Monica yelled back. "Don't act all innocent with me! You hid the fact that you were a werewolf from me which is insane by the way!"

"That was different. I was trying to protect you from my world. The supernatural world!"

"By lying to me! Is this why we couldn't be together or were you just using me?"  I heard Monica scream. I caught eyes with Scarlett and I saw the slight fear in her eyes. I didn't know if the fear was caused by me or the loud conversation between my beta and his mate.

"You know I loved you, Monica!"

"Do I really? Because you never told me. I would always tell you!" Monica paused. "Maybe you were using me just for pleasure and being a monster to me!" There was a loud crash followed by Monica's screams. I ran to the room with everyone following me and found Chris in his wolf form. The room was a mess with glass everywhere and Monica's flowers  given to her by the pack on the floor. Scarlett  jumped over the glass and carefully past Chris.

"Scarlett, get back here! He's dangerous!" I warned. But I watched as she ran to a crying Monica, who held her stomach as if someone were to hurt her. Chris whimpered and his brown wolf head fell on his paws.

"Chris, go cool down in the woods and I'll send someone to get you." I ordered and walked over to Scarlett. Chris hesitated but I gave him an alpha glare, filled with authority and anger. He ran past the pack and vanished out of the room.

"Are you okay, Monica?" My mate kindly and softly asked her while holding her hand. I laid my hand on her shoulder and Scarlett tensed up. But I guess now wasn't the time to argue with me so she relaxed.

"I don't ever want to see him again." Monica whispered as a loud, sad howl rang from the woods.

Flashback Over...

"I told you two days ago. I will not speak to him unless I absolutely need to."

"How will you raise the baby without him?" I asked, concerned about the well being of both, Monica and the baby. Monica stood up with a smile and placed her hands on her stomach.

"I am going to raise this baby like I had first planned. By myself. Now if you'll excuse me, I'll be going to fix some paper work." Monica turned her back to me and walked to the door before pausing in her step. "Also you shouldn't worry about me, Cole. You should be worrying about Scarlett. Go talk to her and make up. Because if I can't be happy, I want you to be." She left the room with a knowing smirk.

I thought about what Monica said for a moment. Maybe I should go speak with Scarlett. "That's what I've been saying to you for the past TWO DAYS!" My wolf roared.

"Oh hush." I mentally said back. I walked out of my office and made my way down the hall. I needed to speak with my mate and fix things.

Even though she was incredibly stubborn, I would have to mend our relationship before my parents arrived back from their small vacation in a week. It had been there 40th anniversary and my father decided to take my mother on a trip to Spain.

I soon arrived at my bedroom door but before I knocked, I heard two voices on the other side of the door.

"You need to speak with him before the pain worsens."

"Chris, you know I can't and I won't. Besides you aren't in the place to say anything since you won't talk with Monica."

Why was Chris there? Why was he alone with my mate in our room?! I let out a growl but tried to calm myself down. If I walked in like a crazy jealous beast, then Scarlett wouldn't forgive me.

I took a deep breathe and knocked on the door. "Monica?"

"No, it's Cole." I replied, hesitantly before opening the door. I stepped into the familiar room to see Chris and Scarlett sitting on the bed, very close may I add.

My fist clenched and my vision turned red. But before I did anything else, what Monica said replied in my head, "Go talk to her and make up. Because if I can't be happy, I want you to be."

I smiled while released my clenched fists and let out a chuckle. "Scarlett, may I speak with you for a moment?"

~~~~~~~~~~~
Please Comment, Vote, Follow, and Share.
Hey! I'm back! Thank you so much for being patient! While I was taking and studying for my finals, I thought of a great idea. I was thinking maybe I should write Chris and Monica's story before she was introduced to the supernatural world? Please
Comment your answers.