4: A Fight To Remember

The soft chirps of birds and the warm sun helped me stir out of bed.

 My head throbbed, as if I'd hit something constantly while I slept. Shaking the mild headache off, I tried to remember what happened last night.

The party instantly replayed in my mind, along with all the filthy words that spewed out of my mouth, Noah beating up a few jocks, and Ear Biting for Dummies by Lexi...as well as that mysterious fellow.

 Sneaky little bastard. I mentally grunted, feeling somewhat abandoned as I remembered how quickly he had vanished. I didn't even have time to register the fact that he was gone, not to mention scold at him for it.

 I distinctly remembered 'visiting' the police department's holding cells, and being rescued by none other than the handsome Mr Kensington.

 After that, we had a few drinks – which would explain the splitting headache I'd currently been experiencing – and, abracadabra, I was here...wherever here is.

I opened my eyes, rubbing them excessively. As I moved my hands away from my eyes, I noticed the chestnut-coloured ceiling, which I'd seen a million times before.

A figure shifted beside me, letting out a stifled groan.

 My entire body tensed as the figure shifted again, letting out a muffled yawn.

Crap.

My mind kicked into overdrive, trying to figure out who the hell I had been in bed with.

 From where I'd lay, I couldn't see this mysterious figure beside me. All I could see where his bare legs that crept out of the duvet, as well as his arms, which covered his head with the help of the light brown pillows.

Wait...I've seen those sexy legs and manly arms before...

The figure shifted once again, only this time, he turned around completely, his face finally deciding to show.

 Noah stuffed his head into his pillow, his arms wrapped around it tightly.

Out of instinct, I shrieked as I rolled off his bed, landing with a hard and loud thud.

 Well, that was stupid. My subconscious scolded.

Noah grunted, not seeming to want to wake up, not to mention help me up from the ground.

 Letting out a sigh, I lifted myself off the ground. When I'd managed to stand upright without falling over, I glanced at Noah.

God, he was beautiful.

 His perfectly sculpted body rest on the bed, with his grey, tight underwear carefully wrapped around his nether regions. Only the outline of his flawless posterior could be seen; if that wasn't a sexy behind, I don't know what was.

He happened to be lying on his front, his muscular back being the only thing to sort of wake me up. His eyebrows were scrunched, as if he was having an unsettling dream. His lips were pursed, and his eyes were shut tight, but you cannot imagine the pain I had to suffer to prevent myself from kissing him right then.

 "Dan?" A voice called out. I turned around to find Lexi standing at the door, dressed in only her pink polka-dot silk nightgown. "Would you mind waking Noah up? We're going to be late."

 I nodded, and she smiled, disappearing from the doorway.

Giving Noah one final glance, I strolled over to him and hoped that I'd be able to resist myself.

In all movies that somehow revolve around teenagers in high school, a classic card is constantly played...the fact that they all say, "You will, and I mean will be respected by the entire school if you end up in jail."