She's Too Afraid

“She’s too afraid. It’s like she’s losing her mind,” said Sheriff Forbes to Stefan.

        “You can’t blame her, Sheriff. She thought she lost you and that was after Silas was playing mind games with her,” Stefan replied.

        “I understand but she won’t leave the house anymore. She was too scared to even let me go to work. I’m worried about her. That’s why I need to ask you a favour. Please help her,” pleaded the sheriff.

         Stefan understood what the sheriff was going through but he also knew that his hands are too tied to help Sheriff Forbes. “I’m sorry, Liz. But I can’t right now. Elena needs me now more than ever. She just turned her emotions back on and it’s all too overwhelming,”

          “Look, Stefan, I don’t care what you have to do. Caroline has always been there for all of her friends and that includes you and Elena. She’s a vampire because of that! She’s my daughter and I love her so I expect you to help her.” said the sheriff as she stormed out of the room.

          Stefan knew the sheriff was right. He owes Caroline that much but he can’t protect Caroline now. Elena needed him more. Stefan knew who could help to take care of Caroline but he wasn’t sure if it was one the sheriff would approve of. He took out his phone and dialed the one person that wouldn’t think twice of helping Caroline.

 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

           Bzzzz, bzzzzz. The man at the bar, the same man in plans with the witches, looked at his phone, amused. 

           “Why, hello there, Stefan. This is a surprise. Miss me already?” he said as he answered the phone.

           On the other line, Stefan murmured something. At first, he was unsure of what Stefan was saying but then his amusement changed to rage.

           He threw his phone across the room, alarming the other customers in the tavern.

           “What is your problem? You’re drawing attention to yourself!” hissed Sophie in a hushed tone.

         “I’m afraid our little plan will have to wait a little longer. Something in Mystic Falls has been brought to my attention,”

            “You promised you would help us! The plan is already in motion and we can’t afford to wait any longer,” hissed Sophie.

            “I’m sorry, love. But this is something of way more importance to me.” said Klaus as he downed his shot of whiskey before leaving for Mystic Falls.

 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~