Chapter 42: One Night!!

Deanna's P.O.V

It was three hours into one of the parties/galas we were at and everything seemed to be going alright. Everyone was really friendly and it was easy to strike up a conversation, even Beth spent most of the night talking to people. Lucky for us not many people we too drunk so we didn't have to worry about anything.

At about 11:30pm all six of us who had come out were standing in a group just chatting until the sound of shattering glass echoed around the room. People began running and screaming instantly while Bethany, Natasha and I pushed forward to see what was happening.

Pepper, Sofia and Jane ran to the back exit with the others while we stood facing the threat. Several HYDRA Agents held guns up high, shouting things in what sounded like German to one another. Sighing I kicked off my heels and grabbed the bottom of my dress.

"Sorry for wasting your money Pepper." I whispered as I tugged hard on the material. Almost instantly the fabric ripped and I kept pulling until the bottom of the skirt up to my knees was off. The other two copied my actions and slid into their battle stances for when we trained hand to hand combat.

"It's funny isn't it?" Natasha yelled as we began disarming Agents and knocking them out. Bethany questioned the red head while I broke a guys nose and knocked him, possible killed him if his nose bone had hit his brain. "Even without our suits and weapons we don't get many days off."

"The only time we'll get a day off is the day of our funerals." I grumbled back as I continued fighting off guards. Their blood was flying everywhere as their noses and other bones broke, or they spat it out after an internal injury we had gave to them without remorse.

Suddenly a small pocket knife was forced into the top of my right leg, making me gasp and stumble back slightly. "Fuck." I whispered as the blood began trickling down my leg. The Agent had also pulled the knife back out so it was bleeding worse that it would have been with the knife still in.

As I looked back I watched as Nat and Beth worked together to take out the final Agent before police officer stormed the scene. Stumbling away I found the other three, Nat and Beth close behind. "Oh my goodness are you three okay?" Pepper squealed as I basically collapsed into Sofia.

"De, you've got to let the medics stitch that up." Beth said, placing a gently hand in my shoulder.

"No." I shook my head rapidly. "Let's just get back to the tower, I'll be fine till then. We need to tell the guys and get Fury to give us our stuff back. If we don't do something soon HYDRA is going to be too much." Sighing at my attitude Nat ripped more of her dress and wrapped around my wound.

"So the guys gawk at us as we leave, what are they going to do when we get back?" Sofia asked. "You three are a mess."

"Gawk most likely." Nat shrugged. "Before asking what happened."

"And someone yelling at Deanna for not letting a medic check her over." Bethany added.

"Oh thanks." I mumbled. Half an hour later we reached the tower and instantly headed to the main living room.

"Well you lot are back early!" Tony exclaimed. "What happened was the-" He cut himself off when he saw Nat and Beth. Then his eyes landed on my slummed figure, still being helped by Sofia. "Guys get out here!" The billionaire yelled as my leg gave out completely.

"I'm sick of being hurt." I hissed as I tried to stand up properly. However I was scooped off my feet before I could, causing me to hissed and cry out in pain.

"Care to tell us what happened?" Someone asked as we all made our way down to the lab. As Nat began explaining what happened I looked up to the person holding me, although I should of known. As I shifted slightly the coolness of metal touched my skin making me jump.

"James?" I questioned before closing my eyes and falling into a deep slumber.