Hisagi x Wonderweiss (bleach yaoi) part 1

I can't go back without him!" Tousen insisted, impatiently fussing about while Orihime tried to heal him as fast as she could.

"Without who, Kaname?" Komamura asked, gently restraining his friend. Once Orihime had healed Tousen about halfway, Komamura let go of Tousen. The former captain of squad 9 rushed to his feet frantically and hurried away toward the battles that were commencing, despite the pain from his wounds that hadn't finished healing.

"KANAME!!" Komamura called after his friend, but Tousen didn't listen. Orihime, Hisagi and Komamura all looked at each other before running after Tousen.

Tousen was running exceedingly fast, but no matter how fast he went, it seemed to him like he wasn't going nearly fast enough. He had to save him. He wouldn't let the only person that kept him somewhat sane and made him feel as if he were't alone be killed just because Lord Aizen willed it.

"Kill him, Wonderweiss."

Aizen addressed Wonderweiss as the young boy fought the Head Captain of the 13 Court Guard squads, Shigekuni Genryusai Yamamoto. Wonderweiss grinned mindlessly. To kill Yamamoto was Wonderweiss's purpose, the whole meaning of his existence, thanks to Aizen; it felt quenching to finally carry out the task. Though Wonderweiss had become a brainless, thoughtless being, he was very powerful, and he still had emotions. Thanks to Tousen, he had been able to learn a few words and regain a tiny bit of his intelligence, but for the most part, the poor boy was brain dead.

Wonderweiss raised a hand to plunge into Yamamoto's chest.

"WONDERWEISS!!"

The blond boy froze, his crazed smile fading. He looked to Tousen with wide eyes. He had known that Tousen died; he felt his spiritual pressure disappear when it happened. After having lost Fura and Tousen both, he had nothing to care for anymore and had been mindlessly obeying Aizen. But now that Tousen was back, Wonderweiss didn't know what to do, or say (if he could say anything), or believe.

"Tou...sen...?" Wonderweiss choked out, putting his arm down and turning to the blind man. Aizen grimaced at being disobeyed.

Tousen sighed, relieved, and nodded, smiling weakly. "Wonderweiss, it's alright...come here, come to me...I'm alive."

Wonderweiss stared at him with his big round eyes, murmuring some strange nonsensical noise and slowly taking a step toward Tousen before Aizen got in the middle of them, glaring at Tousen. Tousen jumped back a bit and frowned.

"I don't recall ever bringing you back to life." Aizen said, stepping closer to Tousen after he had jumped away. "Oh, no, Kaname. If I killed you, it means I want you to stay dead. However...I do commend you for being revived and having the nerve to come back here again and cross paths with me. Unfortunately, this is our last round. Godbye, Kaname."

Aizen disappeared and reappeared behind Tousen, about to stab him straight in the spine, but Wonderweiss grabbed Tousen by the waist and threw him away from Aizen. Tousen went spiraling due to Wonderweiss's strength, but was caught by Komamura soon enough. He held his spinning head for a minute before recollecting what had just happened.

Aizen glared angrily at Wonderweiss, who hissed with his hands clenched into fists and his eyes wide. Aizen smacked Wonderweiss in the face with the hilt of his sword and then grabbed him by the hair, staring him in the eyes.

Aizen wasn't truly as mad about this as he was confused. This shouldn't be happening; Aizen had reconstructed Wonderweiss's brain to focus on killing Yamamoto and obeying Aizen himself solely and completely. Aizen hadn't minded that Wonderweiss took a liking to Tousen back when it first happened, but now that Tousen had switched sides, it was quite a nuisance.

Aizen was sliced open in the back while he had trailed off in his thought process. He let go of Wonderweiss and spun around, kicking Shuhei Hisagi in the stomach, sending him backwards a bit. Hisagi remained where he was for a minute, trying to recover from having the wind knocked out of him. He looked up and realized Wonderweiss falling from having been dropped by Aizen. He forgot about his injury and jumped to his feet, flash-stepping over and catching Wonderweiss. Wonderweiss threw his arms around Hisagi's neck, which he hadn't been expecting...But he was just glad the boy was alright. He brought Wonderweiss to Tousen and set him down, then turning back to Aizen.

"Get out of here, now." Yamamoto ordered, unsheathing his sword "Ryujin Jakka" and striding toward Aizen. "We will talk about this later. Take the boy, take Captain Tousen, and get out of here, now!"

Hisagi nodded and turned back to Wonderweiss, who was sobbing loudly on Tousen's chest, his arms wrapped tightly around the blind man's waist. Tousen put his hand on Wonderweiss's head and stroked his hair in attempty to comfort him. Hisagi grew sad at the sight; the poor boy must have felt just as horrible as he and Komamura did when they thought they lost Captain Tousen...

...Captain Tousen.

That's when Hisagi noticed how strange it was; Rangiku had mentioned how everyone knew Momo wasn't alright because she still addressed Aizen as "Captain Aizen." Yet, Yamamoto was addressing Tousen as "Captain Tousen." What was he thinking?

Hisagi realized then that he didn't have the time for thinking about such things. He walked over to Wonderweiss and leaned down to his height, putting his hand on Wonderweiss's shoulder. Wonderweiss turned to look at Hisagi, and Hisagi wiped his tears away gently with his thumb.

"Do you mind coming with us?" Hisagi asked softly, and Wonderweiss shook his head, implying he was fine with it, and latched himself on to Hisagi's arm. Hisagi smiled sadly at the corrupted boy and looked up to Komamura.

"Kaname, when we get out of here, Orihime needs to finish healing you, okay?" Komamura said sternly. Tousen nodded, swaying a bit, his left over untreated injuries finally taking affect on him due to his adrenaline rush fading, and Komamura slipped his arms under Tousen and picked him up.

Hisagi, Wonderweiss, Komamura, Tousen and Orihime ran from the battle scene.