Busy Loving You (GaaLee)

           Gaara was busy. So busy in fact that he had an unruly amount of spare time at hand. What, you may ask, is he busy doing? He was busy avoiding things. Avoiding his duty, his honor, himself at times even. Most of all though, Gaara of the Sand was busy avoiding being honest with his self. This unreasonable burning in his chest, the uncomfortable heat, the pounding in his stomach, it was driving him to the brink of insanity. And to top it all off with a sweet ending, it wasn’t because of someone he disliked. No, it wasn’t that bittersweet love he had when faced with an enemy he wish to kill. In fact it was the exact polar opposite. It was someone Gaara had grown fond of over the years.

           A bushy browed boy commonly called Lee.

            “Gaara?” The soft, tender sound of his name being called snapped him out of his alternate thoughts. Thoughts he had been avoiding all through the day. So how had he found himself going back to them?

            “Yes?” he responded, honestly a bit annoyed. He had been envisioning the simple color of Lee’s eyes and the darkness of his short black hair. He could feel himself regrettably getting aroused at the childish thoughts. Shaking his head angrily at such things, Gaara turned around to face his conversationalist. What he saw shocked him speechless.

            There, with a silly grinning spread across his mouth, was Lee. There were a few scratches on his hands and arms from training but other than that he looked like a dream. Gaara blinked a few times before realizing that this was in fact Lee, the very one that had gone to train with Gai a few months ago. Returning the wide grin with one of his own, the Kazekage stood and folded Lee into a hug. How good it felt to hold him again even if for a moment. Lee grabbed the back of Gaara’s shirt and hugged back forcefully.

            “Been a while, huh?” Lee muttered into Gaara’s ear. The motion sent tingles from his ear to his toes, but Gaara decided to ignore it for now. Little did he know that those same tingles were shared. Aside from the tingles, Gaara’s heart was sent into overdrive, pounding at an uneven pace, racing blood thumping in his temples and lower regions. His sanity was running short; soon he would be out of control.

            “Hm,” Gaara said in response, not really remembering what had been said. They release each other slowly, reluctantly. Lee’s face was aflame with a slight blush and Gaara was twitching to once again have the boy in his arms. What did it matter that they were both men? What did it matter that Lee was from the Village of the Hidden Leaf?

            There was one simple answer: It didn’t matter.

            “Lee,” Gaara whispered softly, almost unheard, not quite believing what he was about to do.

            “Yes?” Lee said distractedly. He was lost in thought. Lately he had been feeling doubtful about meeting with Gaara. The last time they had met Lee had started to feel strange. For some reason whenever the red head had been around, Lee felt nervous and self-conscious; note that this wasn’t a usual feeling for the youthful boy. Also, whenever they were away from each other, Lee felt empty. It was as if his body was confused and didn’t know what to make sense of anymore.

            “Lee,” Gaara said more firmly, wanting those endless dark eyes to look at him for once. He wanted them to stare and calculate. He wanted to feel them burn into his skin. Gaara wanted to be watched.

            “Yes, Ga—” Before Lee was quite able to finish his questioning, a pair of unfamiliar lips captured his own. The unfamiliarity of the lips astounded Lee; whose could they be?

            What a silly question, his inner self told him quite obnoxiously. They belong to precisely who you wish them to.

            Does that mean—?

            Yes.

            Unable to control himself, Lee hungrily kissed back, for the utter confusion had disappeared.